Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
Check out the Volvo version of the P2
It’d be confusing to me if they made a polestar 2 competitor so soon after its launch. They’re all part of the same group so why bother?

now... a BEV V40 CC? That I could def get behind....

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will definitely make getting your P2 serviced a lot easier. This thing is a freak'in clone. Also makes you wonder what we likely paid an extra 10k for.

·
Registered
416 Posts
CMA might be a bit too big for V40. They'd need to figure out how to 'manage' the difference by about 9 cm.

·
Registered
333 Posts
It will definitely make getting your P2 serviced a lot easier. This thing is a freak'in clone. Also makes you wonder what we likely paid an extra 10k for.
Styling and time to market?

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
CMA might be a bit too big for V40. They'd need to figure out how to 'manage' the difference by about 9 cm.
making a slightly bigger/longer wagon works.
Just make a BEV volvo wagon already! Call it a V50 if you need to!

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
The clone has tail pipes. Most of the pictures are of the xc40 recharge. Strange.

·
Registered
333 Posts
A V70 or V90 BEV would be sweet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think they’re photoshops crossing the 40.1 / 40.2 era with what we now know from XC40 / P*2
Quite right. It’s noted at the bottom of the article that these are an artists renderings (not Volvo’s).

Like the posters above, I’d also like to see a wagon version!

·
Registered
Polestar 2 stickerless Moon on 19s, non PP, tow bar
59 Posts
Styling and time to market?
Volvo announced the XC40 over a year ago so its hardly news. when I heard about it, I would have preordered one then if Volvo had accepted orders at the time, even though its an SUV (which personally I don't like).
Then I discovered the Polestar 2, strangely not until September this year, after nearly buying a Model 3.
Its surely no secret that the XC40 and Polestar are basically the same other than exterior and interior styling
Styling: yes for me, the polestar is much better than the XC40. Also in the UK the Polestar is nearly 25% less to buy than an XC40 with the equivalent specification! Even the basic XC40 without many of the driver aids, is nearly 15% more!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts