Polestar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Obviously, at the moment this will only work for legacy Volvo cars and not the PS2 / XC40 Recharge - but it's great to see.

Not many car makers have an open and published API - usually they have to be reverse engineered from the existing apps - something which I've always thought to be an exercise in futility.

·
Registered
764 Posts
This API has been out for some time. There's a nice app for my home automation controller (Homey) which I have been using with my volvo for a couple of years.

Some automation I had set up:

• Automatically lock the car at 22:00 if its parked at home and not locked
  • Combined with a Google assistant command made via IFTTT, preheat the car using the command "Hey Google, preheat the car"
I hope that soon enough I will be able to do this again with the Polestar.

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know! Silly...

I’m sure the app / API support can’t be far away.

·
Registered
764 Posts
This is new - the previous stuff was reverse engineered and Volvo themselves had nothing to do with it.
Ah, I didn't know that I had assumed it was a published API.

Edit: I hope they will extend the API. All you can do with this is get some statuses. No actions.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
3 Posts
This API has been out for some time. There's a nice app for my home automation controller (Homey) which I have been using with my volvo for a couple of years.

Some automation I had set up:

• Automatically lock the car at 22:00 if its parked at home and not locked
  • Combined with a Google assistant command made via IFTTT, preheat the car using the command "Hey Google, preheat the car"
I hope that soon enough I will be able to do this again with the Polestar.
I hope you still use your homey and can tell me if the volvo app would work with the Polestar2. I'm a Homey user myself but my polestar2 is due to arive in October. If a API is available either official or unofficial, I'm sure to look in to it as i have developed some homey apps in the past.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I hope you still use your homey and can tell me if the volvo app would work with the Polestar2. I'm a Homey user myself but my polestar2 is due to arive in October. If a API is available either official or unofficial, I'm sure to look in to it as i have developed some homey apps in the past.
Homey is still the core of my home automation. There is no API for polestar yet unfortunately. 🙁

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve just spent a minute to inspect the polestar communication and found that the API used in the polestar app is exclusive to polestar. I can retract all personal data using the polestar API.

I don’t have my car yet so nothing interesting yet 🥺…

·
Registered
64 Posts
I’ve just spent a minute to inspect the polestar communication and found that the API used in the polestar app is exclusive to polestar. I can retract all personal data using the polestar API.

I don’t have my car yet so nothing interesting yet 🥺…
Could you share details? Would love to see if my favorite app (PUMP Charging) can use this API to show my car info (like they do with many other car brands).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could you share details? Would love to see if my favorite app (PUMP Charging) can use this API to show my car info (like they do with many other car brands).
I can’t share anything useful right now, i need to have atleast one car on my account. It will be a hard time waiting all that time 😩.

if you’re in to computer technology and have understanding of API’s then it’s not hard to get the info needed. You’ll need an account, the app on a phone, a computer and the actual car.Use the postman proxy feature toblisten in on the https API calls. To do this you’ll need to install and trust the postman root certificate of your computer (as it will do a MITM “attack”). Then it’s just starting the app and you’ll see every API call made. I can see the oauth key exchange, the API endpoint, API calls and responses. Without an actual car I can’t see a query or response.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I can’t share anything useful right now, i need to have atleast one car on my account. It will be a hard time waiting all that time 😩.

if you’re in to computer technology and have understanding of API’s then it’s not hard to get the info needed. You’ll need an account, the app on a phone, a computer and the actual car.Use the postman proxy feature toblisten in on the https API calls. To do this you’ll need to install and trust the postman root certificate of your computer (as it will do a MITM “attack”). Then it’s just starting the app and you’ll see every API call made. I can see the oauth key exchange, the API endpoint, API calls and responses. Without an actual car I can’t see a query or response.
I eagerly await your homey app 😉

Reactions: nklerk
1 - 12 of 12 Posts