Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys .... this has probably been asked on her but if it has cant find it so...
1. Is the Vida system much use on Polestar2?
As in... does it read and reset faults? can you access wiring diagrams and well any other diagrams?
2. Why is it USA joe blogs gets access and UK needs to be a professional user???
3. Does anyone on the forum have access to Vjda?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,059 Posts
I'm assuming that's also the system that the Volvo guys use when your Polestar is having the software updates etc, but I don't know for a fact I'm afraid...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I have it I will be happy to help with info for people..... iys so new its almost impossible to find any diagnostic details or diagrams

·
Super Moderator
1,533 Posts
1) yes, entirely everything
2) because of the 'right to repair' laws in the USA
3) not that I'm aware of, or they're keeping very quiet

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I'd pay for some sort of interface. I did a preliminary search and didn't find anything that looked right.

·
Registered
236 Posts
When my friendly Polestar technician came to my house to check some errors (regarding rear proximity sensors), I asked him to quickly check the codes on my Volvo V60 too.
He told me he would be glad to help but he can't, as the Vida version he has is limited to Polestar cars only.

So, don't bother getting Volvo Vida.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When my friendly Polestar technician came to my house to check some errors (regarding rear proximity sensors), I asked him to quickly check the codes on my Volvo V60 too.
He told me he would be glad to help but he can't, as the Vida version he has is limited to Polestar cars only.

So, don't bother getting Volvo Vida.
Hi Lowrent,
From my limited research it seems vida is Volvo's shop Diagnostic tool and as long as it can connect to the network should be able to do the lot.
Maybe he only had the module for polestar? but my thought is he didnt want the hassle and wanted to get to his next job or home?
Problem is you have to pay volvo for a vida subscription, not sure how the standalone one works, think it will read data and do resets but it wont do any programming without connection.
Think I might invest in a Dice and give it a shot...... the link I posted earlier takes you to a stand alone version

·
Super Moderator
1,533 Posts
How sad some car manufacturers choose to treat us like idiots for some reason...

Have a look at this stuff from BMW for example - it's brilliant:-

Similar stuff clearly exists for the Polestar because we've seen tiny snips of it. What we need is for someone with a VIDA subscription to grab it all and host it on a website that Volvo can't shut down...

·
Registered
822 Posts
VIDA 2014 was the last VIDA release as a discreet installable application. Since the launch of the Volvo SPA platform with the XC90 VIDA has been a subscription based product. The previous versions were available through shady channels if you looked for it.

None of the new cars (polestar included) are available in the 2014 version.

To my knowledge, VIDA subscriptions are only available to volvo authorised workshops/dealers.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
It'll be interesting to learn how that works with our right to repair laws.

·
Registered
822 Posts
*markets may vary

Reactions: Joel S.

·
Super Moderator
1,533 Posts
It'll be interesting to learn how that works with our right to repair laws.
There is no issue in the US. You can sign up as an individual and buy a subscription that lasts only a few days if you wish.

They strongly verify you're actually in the US though so us pesky Europeans can't access it...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have been working with developing/coding both versions of VIDA versions i.e VIDA Classic and VIDA2015.

There is a law called RMI (repair & maintenance information) which falls under the Euro5 regulations that says that each car manufacturers need to provide information about the car to all independent actors. So each car manufacturers have a RMI web portal where you can purchase a minimum 1h access to get hold of either wiring diagram, repair info or diagnostic software to communicate with your car. RMI doesn't say that the manufacturer need to provide firmware for the car, just the diagnostic part.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts