Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
SRSM, Pilot lite & Plus,Midnight
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the major problems in the UK is rain and as a result quite often lightly flooded roads. Now it's not unusual to see 1" to 2 " (25mm to 50mm) here not Land Rover crossing rivers depths.

Does anyone know what the wading depth (the level of water that the car can cross) is?

Before I get flamed again by "Admins" - please remember my search results are not yours!

Thanks

· Registered
P*2 LRDM Pilot+Plus Void with 20" 4-V Spoke Alloys(Jan22)
3 Posts
From the Polestar manual:-

Driving in water
Wading means the car being driven through water, e.g. on a flooded road. Driving in water must be performed with great caution.
Observe the following to prevent damage to the car when driving through water:
  • The water level must not be higher than the floor of the car. If possible, check the depth at the deepest point before starting to drive through the water. Extra caution should be exercised when passing through flowing water.
  • Do not drive faster than walking pace.
  • Do not stop the car in the water. Drive forward carefully or reverse the car back out of the water.
  • Remember that waves created by oncoming traffic may rise above the level for the floor of the car.
  • Avoid driving through salt water (corrosion risk).
When the water has been passed, depress the brake pedal lightly and check that full brake function is achieved. Water and mud for example can make the brake linings wet resulting in delayed brake function.

Hope this helps

· Registered
SRSM, Pilot lite & Plus,Midnight
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the Polestar manual:-

Driving in water
Wading means the car being driven through water, e.g. on a flooded road. Driving in water must be performed with great caution.
Observe the following to prevent damage to the car when driving through water:
  • The water level must not be higher than the floor of the car. If possible, check the depth at the deepest point before starting to drive through the water. Extra caution should be exercised when passing through flowing water.
  • Do not drive faster than walking pace.
  • Do not stop the car in the water. Drive forward carefully or reverse the car back out of the water.
  • Remember that waves created by oncoming traffic may rise above the level for the floor of the car.
  • Avoid driving through salt water (corrosion risk).
When the water has been passed, depress the brake pedal lightly and check that full brake function is achieved. Water and mud for example can make the brake linings wet resulting in delayed brake function.

Hope this helps
Many thanks

· Registered
410 Posts
I don't get how depressing the brake slightly will clear the brakes with regen. If you have the finesse then you can left foot brake and accelerate slightly as I think that makes the car use the brakes.

Oh if you don't have the finesse then blame the cars collision avoidance slam the brake on thingy

· Registered
687 Posts
Will the car float in water higher than the floor? There was a Tesla video out there where they tried to make it a submarine, but it still floated...

· Registered
2022 PS2 DM Pilot, 2021 Ionic EV
93 Posts
The word for floor in the Finnish manual is never used for the outside surface. Only inside "floor". Using "floor" and instructing "depress the brake pedal lightly and check that full brake function is achieved" are to me a signs, that the person(s) who wrote this part of the manual does not know this car and how it behaves nor does anyone who reviewed this text. Copied from Volvo or some other ICE text?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts