Polestar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2, VIN 088xx, 4 november 2020
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This evening after visiting a supermarket my Polestar 2 malfunctioned. After sitting in the car and trying to put the transmission in Drive al sort of error messages displayed intermittently. No driving possible, it gave me the creeps. I pressed the connect button and spoke to the Volvo helpdesk. They would sent assistance but advised me also to lock the car and wait for 10 minutes. There should be a big chance that the errors would disappear. After 10 minutes i tried again to drive away and after a few error messages it worked, pfffffff. There’s still a message in the cars log that i should go to the dealer. I’ll call Volvo tomorrow for an appointment...

·
Registered
2020 P2 Thunder Performance Pack
4 Posts
This evening after visiting a supermarket my Polestar 2 malfunctioned. After sitting in the car and trying to put the transmission in Drive al sort of error messages displayed intermittently. No driving possible, it gave me the creeps. I pressed the connect button and spoke to the Volvo helpdesk. They would sent assistance but advised me also to lock the car and wait for 10 minutes. There should be a big chance that the errors would disappear. After 10 minutes i tried again to drive away and after a few error messages it worked, pfffffff. There’s still a message in the cars log that i should go to the dealer. I’ll call Volvo tomorrow for an appointment...
I’ve had the same on three occasions and the car has been into Volvo to fix twice. Basically the car shows zero charge and doesn’t drive, when in actual fact there is plenty charge. I have been told by polestar CS this is a known issue and there is a fix on the way, when is anybody’s guess. For me it has taken between 10-15 minutes for the car to restart. If you’re on a tight schedule this is quite unacceptable.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I’ve had the same on three occasions and the car has been into Volvo to fix twice. Basically the car shows zero charge and doesn’t drive, when in actual fact there is plenty charge. I have been told by polestar CS this is a known issue and there is a fix on the way, when is anybody’s guess. For me it has taken between 10-15 minutes for the car to restart. If you’re on a tight schedule this is quite unacceptable.
Sounds similar to my issue (see separate thread about "Temporary Bricking in Colorado"). I briefly saw the 0% charge, and then ended up with the red turtle and a totally dead car. I was able to get the car to reboot by leaving it empty and locked for 5 minutes. My car is heading back to California for service today. Curious what this will turn out to be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds similar to my issue (see separate thread about "Temporary Bricking in Colorado"). I briefly saw the 0% charge, and then ended up with the red turtle and a totally dead car. I was able to get the car to reboot by leaving it empty and locked for 5 minutes. My car is heading back to California for service today. Curious what this will turn out to be.
Familiar alright. Shame as the car is so good to drive but this is worrying and could be a real problem in certain circumstances. Hopefully there’s a proper fix soon - I keep informing polestar about the issues I’m having and don’t think there’s any point having it back to Volvo until they know what the problem is and how to fix it.

·
Registered
P*2 9xxx, Dec sw, Midnight, 20",No PP
45 Posts
Same here, it's been up to half an hour sometimes before I can drive it. Car's in for checking next week.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, VIN 088xx, 4 november 2020
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My problems were not related to a zero charge showing but errors messages about different propulsion systems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Small comfort that this is happening in cars in all markets. Let's hope they come up with a real fix.
Just to add, the last time this happened with me, a few days ago, there was a message saying zero charge and would I like to find a charge point. I answered yes and google maps started looking. I then plugged my own charger in but the car would not accept any. After 10 minutes it came back to life. Strange...?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts