Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2022 P2, Snow, Plus Pack, Charcoal
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car 3-4 weeks now. 2000+ miles on it. All has been perfect with no connection issues.

Today, connection was fine. But google voice assistant has not worked for a week or so, so I did a home reset. Connections now all gone - data, WiFi, etc. but voice working now.

Polestar walked me through TCAM, which wouldn’t actually reset.

Any ideas ? 3 weeks ownership to go to a dealer for issues seems insane.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine was like that yesterday. Triangle with an x. Tried reset, reboot, walk away from car wait an hour... Nothing worked. Today, everything back to usual... Give it some time, the connection for me is not very reliable.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine was like that yesterday. Triangle with an x. Tried reset, reboot, walk away from car wait an hour... Nothing worked. Today, everything back to usual... Give it some time, the connection for me is not very reliable.
did the reset happen for you?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had the same problem in the US yesterday: no LTE, no GPS, no WiFi. infotainment & TCAM resets didn't help.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the same problem in the US yesterday: no LTE, no GPS, no WiFi. infotainment & TCAM resets didn't help.
I guess the polestar gremlins are doing something then and it’s reached uk. Hopefully fixed by tomorrow. How frustrating!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had the car 3-4 weeks now. 2000+ miles on it. All has been perfect with no connection issues.

Today, connection was fine. But google voice assistant has not worked for a week or so, so I did a home reset. Connections now all gone - data, WiFi, etc. but voice working now.

not sure what reset you did but my car went into a Volvo dealership last week as all three fobs stopped working and they did a "hard Reset" to cure it. When it came back i could not log in to my PS account in the car. Spoke to support and they told me to reset my LTE connection

In the centra screen, shut down the infotainment system (soz cant remember how i did this)

then hold down the front windscreen defroster button on the center console. after 15-30 seconds the red SOS button up by the front interior slights should start flashing (keep holding the button down)
The flashing should stop after about another 15 seconds. when the fan starts blowing (to defrost your from windscreen) stop pressing the button. It them took mine about 2 minutes to gain a signal. it went to 3G first then switched to LTE.

worked perfectly.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not sure what reset you did but my car went into a Volvo dealership last week as all three fobs stopped working and they did a "hard Reset" to cure it. When it came back i could not log in to my PS account in the car. Spoke to support and they told me to reset my LTE connection

In the centra screen, shut down the infotainment system (soz cant remember how i did this)

then hold down the front windscreen defroster button on the center console. after 15-30 seconds the red SOS button up by the front interior slights should start flashing (keep holding the button down)
The flashing should stop after about another 15 seconds. when the fan starts blowing (to defrost your from windscreen) stop pressing the button. It them took mine about 2 minutes to gain a signal. it went to 3G first then switched to LTE.

worked perfectly.
So this is the TCAM reset I tried. But the SOS never flashes. So the reset is not operational for some reason.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been out of LTE connection for 3 days. Tried reset of infotainment, then TCAM - which used to work - and now no more. I just finished chatting (through the app) with Polestar customer service and they said that if the TCAM won't reset - then they will have to schedule me in for a service appointment with my local Polestar space. I've seen other posts where this happens. Something about V1.7 not being installed correctly and only a service technician can fix this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem here. No connectivity for four days. Email support directed me to factory reset the car, then reset the infotainment, then reset the TCAM by holding the front defrost button. No flashing SOS, no reset, no dice. Called support this morning who told me I was doing button pushing wrong, that I need to push the defrost once (turning on the HVAC) then hold it down for 15 seconds. It worked!

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Moon PP Leather
138 Posts

That is normal, unfortunately. You will expect frequent services on PS2, until they figure something out. I have been doing it for a year so far. Guess what..... My car is in service again for the 5th time! If your car is still drivable, you are lucky. Mine was bricked 3 times..... Sorry for the bad news, but I would like to share the reality, rather than just blinded praises.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So this is the TCAM reset I tried. But the SOS never flashes. So the reset is not operational for some reason.
Yes , it s happened sometimes, if it not comeback after 2-3 days you need a hardware reset for tcam module . You can ask polestar or do it yourself, it s take about 10 min . ( unplug 12v battery and little tcam battery in the trunk.

·
Registered
251 Posts
This is getting way beyond a joke now. Isn’t it time for Polestar to recognise this ongoing issue and do something about it? If they don’t it feels like there should be some sort of class action taken against them by the customers. Basic connectivity is a core feature of this car where most of its features require a stable data connection which has been unreliable for a lot of owners since the cars release.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes , it s happened sometimes, if it not comeback after 2-3 days you need a hardware reset for tcam module . You can ask polestar or do it yourself, it s take about 10 min . ( unplug 12v battery and little tcam battery in the trunk.
Are there instructions anywhere for this?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts