Polestar Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Update from the Polestar Rep: "The DC space is slated to be opened by the end of the year." He offered to get a car for a test drive in DC before then and that they could deliver the car to me in DC, avoiding the long endeavor, but a good read, that @Mick experienced. I have to admit that I am very tempted by this arrangement. Do you think theres any chance that they just never open a DC location? I haven't heard of that happening elsewhere.
I did the same big adventure as Mick, really, though not as big. 'Drove down to NYC in December and picked the car up. 'Drove back to north of Boston. Some 270 miles IIRC. 'Had to charge twice as it was very cold and that kills range. 'Don't regret it at all.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Update from the Polestar Rep: "The DC space is slated to be opened by the end of the year." He offered to get a car for a test drive in DC before then and that they could deliver the car to me in DC, avoiding the long endeavor, but a good read, that @Mick experienced. I have to admit that I am very tempted by this arrangement. Do you think theres any chance that they just never open a DC location? I haven't heard of that happening elsewhere.
I had mine delivered from NYC to Reston last year, and the delivery was great (the paperwork was another issue, but there are many posts on that topic). Five stars, would have a car delivered to my house again :).

Reactions: Ms. PS2

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had mine delivered from NYC to Reston last year, and the delivery was great (the paperwork was another issue, but there are many posts on that topic). Five stars, would have a car delivered to my house again :).
No way! I had assumed that I would be the first one in a 20-mile radius to have the car. I am curious about whatever you can share about your experience with the car. My main concern is not being close to a service center in case there are issues. I don't fell like paying $1000 for transport to and from New Jersey. And who knows how long before they open the center in DC. Any issues or concerns? Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
No way! I had assumed that I would be the first one in a 20-mile radius to have the car. I am curious about whatever you can share about your experience with the car. My main concern is not being close to a service center in case there are issues. I don't fell like paying $1000 for transport to and from New Jersey. And who knows how long before they open the center in DC. Any issues or concerns? Thanks for sharing.
I think there are at least 5 of us in the greater DC metro area. You're still unlikely to run into another one of us. I've only come across one in 8 months.
The only problem I had was with BT making phone calls, and that was resolved with SW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I've only seen one in DC, in the Navy Yard area with New Jersey temporary plates, which I guess makes sense. The car did look great in person. I'm pretty excited to get mine.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yeah, there were several of us in that first boatload, but I haven't actually seen another one in person yet. But if you see a green one, that's me :).

Reactions: Ms. PS2 and polerad

·
Registered
334 Posts
I am curious about whatever you can share about your experience with the car. My main concern is not being close to a service center in case there are issues. I don't fell like paying $1000 for transport to and from New Jersey. And who knows how long before they open the center in DC. Any issues or concerns? Thanks for sharing.
I have had the car since December 8, and have not needed any service yet. Merchant's Tire & Auto did fine swapping on winter tires, and then putting the summer ones back on. If I do need it, I'm prepared to put it on a truck back to NYC, but I am hoping that either the DC space will be open by then, or that local Volvo dealers who can service the XC40 Recharge could also service the P2. Hope springs eternal :).

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
PS was very frank with me when they thought they might need to fix something in my car that they would transport it back ti NYC on their nickel. As for maintenance, there's nothing to maintain for at least 2 years. If there is no DC Space by then PS will be dead.

·
Registered
25 Posts
PS was very frank with me when they thought they might need to fix something in my car that they would transport it back ti NYC on their nickel. As for maintenance, there's nothing to maintain for at least 2 years. If there is no DC Space by then PS will be dead.
I'm in between DC and Baltimore. When I had issues with loss of connectivity, they said they'd get a mobile service unit out to me. Issue resolved itself and they never followed up, so couldn't test that.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts