Polestar Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,533 Posts
Polestar Assistance is just a recovery service provided by Mondial Assist. It's for if you need assistance, eg a breakdown or are stranded.

Think of it like AA or RAC cover - you wouldn't call them because you had a leaky boot!

I know hindsight is great, but the right process here would have been to contact Polestar CS who would have arranged for your car to be booked in with local Volvo dealer. Said dealer would then have arranged a loan vehicle for you which would probably have been a decent Volvo. But even this wasn't really necessary as your car was already booked in for the 17th.

I would have just contacted Polestar CS on Monday (or indeed the Volvo dealer you were already booked in with) and alerted them to this additional issue.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
One lives and learns. Anyway, polestar assistance came and took the car and courtesy car was also arranged for me and dropped off at my home. Hopefully it's a quick fix. Hopefully.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The saga gets more interesting today. Polestar got Enterprise Cars to sort out my courtesy car. Enterprise gave me a diesel Ford. Turns out they should have given me a Volvo instead. Apparently Polestar called them (through no prompting from me) and told them to swap the the Ford for an XC90 PHEV! Oooh! Looking fwd to that! Clearly, not a Polestar 2 but better than the Ford I currently have. Still no comms from Volvo about the status of the leaking boot! It's only day two. I should chill.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The saga gets more interesting today. Polestar got Enterprise Cars to sort out my courtesy car. Enterprise gave me a diesel Ford. Turns out they should have given me a Volvo instead. Apparently Polestar called them (through no prompting from me) and told them to swap the the Ford for an XC90 PHEV! Oooh! Looking fwd to that! Clearly, not a Polestar 2 but better than the Ford I currently have. Still no comms from Volvo about the status of the leaking boot! It's only day two. I should chill.
I'm really interested to hear what they find. The XC90 is a lovely car, if a bit big. I have the PHEV but V90, it's powerful, fun, but not as exciting as the P2 which near enough has the same HP but available from a standstill

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
101 Posts
I had an old MK V golf that suffered this for years. I finally located the issue, which turned out to be a common issue. The seal around the air pressure vent (stops occupant's eardrums exploding when you slam the doors shut). It had perished and was pouring in like a tap. Removed it, and resealed it with common flexible window sealant. Years later the mother in law had the same issue. This time the vent on her Suzuki had not been re-seated correctly after a rear bumper repair. This is now always my go-to investigation when there is unexplained water in the boot.
Not that you should have to do this with a new car, just pointing out potential issues.

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
I'm really interested to hear what they find. The XC90 is a lovely car, if a bit big. I have the PHEV but V90, it's powerful, fun, but not as exciting as the P2 which near enough has the same HP but available from a standstill
@Snood XC90 turned up. Initial observations...

1. Very similar layout to Polestar 2 so easy to get used to.
2. The B&W sound system sounds much better that the Harmon K system on the Polestar 2, though I might just be thinking this due to the left side driving issue (I haven't yet got the software update to fix that for UK).
3. The Polestar 2's lights are vastly superior. Brighter, wider and of course the active pixel LED lights are way better. The lights on the XC90 at night time are very dull by comparison.
4. Suspension is much softer on standard driving mode. I've not tried the other two modes yet. Although that said, I actually prefer the firm drive of the Polestar 2.
5. The braking is quite different in the XC90. It doesn't feel as tactile as the Polestar 2 braking and of course there is no one pedal driving.
6. Good god, the XC90 is wide! Takes a bit of getting used to. Down the cramped, narrow suburban streets of outer London, the Polestar 2 feels more agile and safe. The XC90 at home in newer, wider road infrastructure in, say, the USA or countries with similar, wide roads.
7. I thought the infotainment system was fast, responsive and easy to use. Miss having Google Assistant.
8. How the hell do you open the glove compartment?!? LOL. Through mind power alone?!
9. The driver seat is not as cocooned and snug as the Polestar 2 seat. The XC90 seat back feels more like a premium economy seat on a plane. It's decent but doesn't hold you in place when taking a bend. The Polestar 2 on the other hand does.

Over all, I really like the XC90 but still prefer the Polestar 2. As a family car, with space for seven, the XC90 is amazing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Interesting - Volvo checked all the seals in my P* 2, left the car out overnight in the rain and there was no water in the boot. Can't reproduce the problem. Very intriguing indeed! So, I'll be picking up the P*2 later today and keeping an eye on things.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Why would your neighbor sneak into your car at night and dump a bucket of water? Fess up. Why are they ticked off at you?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Interesting - Volvo checked all the seals in my P* 2, left the car out overnight in the rain and there was no water in the boot. Can't reproduce the problem. Very intriguing indeed! So, I'll be picking up the P*2 later today and keeping an eye on things.
Did you open the boot in while wet on in the rain? When you open it while the water goes down the sides, it does splash inwards ... although not the that extent in mine, like a few drips.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have noticed that when raining heavily and you open the boot it runs down the side and normally avoids the inside but maybe if windy it has blown in or parked on a slope. Mine has been fine but I have noticed it could happen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a problem with a lot of water being retained somewhere in the tailgate, and every time i opened the boot it poured out in a torrent either side. I wonder if, rather than sitting in the tailgate, you have water seeping into the internals of the tailgate somewhere and then into the boot?
I know this is an old thread now, but I have the exact same problem. Water swishes around inside the tailgate, and eventually it chooses to come pouring out of the three vents on the underneath of the tailgate as it is closing. Here is what I have just emailed over to Polestar Support:

My car has just been in to Taggarts Volvo in Glasgow. The service representative was very professional and friendly. They reported that they had undertaken a thorough soak test but could not replicate the issue or find any fault. I still have the problem. When I turn a corner there is a noise coming from the rear of the car which sounds like water splashing from side to side. When I turn to the right I hear water running to the left hand side behind me, and vice versa. I have attached a video of the tailgate closing with water coming out of one of the three vents. I only thought about recording it after opening and closing the tailgate a few times, the volume of water coming out in this clip is significantly less than the first time I closed the tailgate - on this occasion water came pouring out of all three vents and into the boot. My driveway is on a very slight slope from left to right in the video which is why I think the flow comes out of the right-most vent only as the volume of water reduces. Just to reiterate, the volume of water you see on the clips is significantly less than what came out when the tailgate was opened and closed initially. In the second video I had opened and packed the boot at home with no sign of water leak, and then drove 100 miles - it did not rain during the journey, but water came pouring out once I had reached my destination and opened and closed the tailgate. It had rained overnight on both of these occasions. On other occasions the water can be heard swishing around for days, choosing at random which particular open and close motion it will decide to release all over the boot and my feet. I have attached a photo showing the water collecting around the rubber seal and inside the boot.

Something is clearly trapping water inside the tailgate and causing it to swish around when the car is moving - when I first got the car, and not knowing too much about how they work, I actually thought it might be something to do with water cooling of the batteries which I know now is not the case.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Sorry @macweegie I cannot offer any advice or a solution on this, we no longer have the P2. I hope Polestar have a documented fix for this by now and you get it sorted.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts