Polestar Forum banner

Way to Switch to Map or Music Display Easily?

5K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  MKH92128 
#1 ·
While navigating, I sometimes like to look at the big map on the center display (versus the one in front of me) but typically like keeping my "Now Playing" screen up for whatever source I'm listing to.

Rather than doing the "Home - Map - Home - MusicApp - Now Playing" shuffle each time, does anyone know of a voice command or swipe gesture to do similar? I've tried "Show Map" and "Display Map" and "Switch to Map" and the similar with "Navigation" swapped for "Map". Nothing seems to work.

BTW, I use YouTube Music as my typical audio source and it frequently gets paused for various Google interactions but doesn't automatically resume. I have at least figured out that I can just say "Resume Playback" versus finding and pressing the big Play/Pause button by the shifter.

TIA!

#2 ·
I noticed that the auto-resume seems to work for most of the media sources except YTM. Annoying. BTW I have not found a voice command that switches the displays without actually changing something in the target app.

#5 ·
I find that, in general, operation of the system requires a distracting and thus dangerous amount of interaction compared to other systems I have used. Probably not the design intend of Android Automotive, but certainly the case.

#6 ·
Voice is key to safe interaction IMO - or buttons on the wheel. Reaching over to fuss around with the touch screen is definitely a distraction that I would like to avoid as much as possible.

Reactions: Ms. PS2
#9 ·
It does that on a few items. If you press the button to go to the car set up and it turns orange when you press it it’ll take you back to where you were. It also does that if you click the send button to go to climate it will turn orange you click it again it’ll take you back to where you were, but it doesn’t do that with everything.
But that's still tapping on the screen - soft buttons. What I think is least distracting is what @JRRF is referring to: physical buttons on the steering wheel. One button dedicated to "back" that works in any logical context would be very nice.

#10 ·
But that's still tapping on the screen - soft buttons. What I think is least distracting is what @JRRF is referring to: physical buttons on the steering wheel. One button dedicated to "back" that works in any logical context would be very nice.
Agree 100%. The other way would be to have a Google allow you to say go to the map or go to the music or go to ChargePoint app or whatever.

#18 ·
I've had some dates where I wish I could hit it.
Some girl who didn't drive (in her 30s!) was complaining about my driving (and most people think I'm darn good, and calm until I got the P2 😉). I'd already picked her up, brought her to my place and was now doing the reverse. It was easily 100 miles of driving. I finally asked her if she wanted to walk. I so wish I had an eject button that day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.