Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only person that needs a light to see which button is lock/unlock? And the mirrors fold so little that depending where you are stood it’s not always obvious if you locked or not.

·
Registered
294 Posts
In the menu on the car you can configure it so the indicators blink on lock, unlock, or both. If you change it from both to one of the other settings, you'll know positively if you've locked it.

Or just keep the key in your pocket anyway and use the door handles! All that's needed is a light touch on the back of any door handle to lock it. Saves faffing around with the key.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
The longest I’ve spent in my car without driving is about 2 minutes. I was trying to figure out how to get the dome light on when opening the doors.
I need to invest some time to get the most out of this car.
What’s that? I think I heard my girlfriend’s eyes rolling

·
Registered
294 Posts
You definitely need to spend half an hour just fiddling around with everything!

Middle button on the overhead panel - if it's lit orange, you've disabled it. Press it, it will turn white, then the lights will be automatic.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I never use the big key but only keep the « sport » key in my pocket and use the door handles to lock/unlock, I find it much easier.

·
Registered
154 Posts
From a tactile / accessible design perspective this is as bad as it gets. You should be able to know what button you’re touching without looking at it. If you’re a lazy industrial designer, all it takes is a couple of raised bumps on one of the outer two buttons. This is worse.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The key and door locking works exactly as my Volvo.
My two keys are in pristine condition, I have never, ever, pressed a button on them.
During winter, I have a key in a small pocket on my winter jacket.
The key never sees daylight for months.

I simply use the lock on the door handles, it works perfectly.

If my daughters are slow and I want to get moving before they get out, I just simply leave the car unlocked.
After a couple of minutes, my phone beeps, the Volvo app warns me the car is unlocked.
I press Lock in the notification. Done.

·
Super Moderator
674 Posts
I rather suspect they had expected to have the "phone as a key" working before releasing the car, and too late realised they'd have to raid the Volvo parts bin for a key. That said it wouldn't have taken long at all to design a proper cover for it!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the difference in functionality between the bigger key and the sports one? I really want to use the smaller one, but don't want to miss out on function.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I think the smaller one is the master key. May make life harder to replace if you lose that rather than one of the larger ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I heard the larger ones remember your last settings, particularly if you have multi drivers for the car. Not sure if that is the case.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The only practical disadvantages of the little one are:-

1) you can't trigger the light show on demand if you're showing off
2) the battery is not replaceable - one it's dead, it's dead

·
Registered
240 Posts
The only practical disadvantages of the little one are:-

1) you can't trigger the light show on demand if you're showing off
2) the battery is not replaceable - one it's dead, it's dead
It is possible to crack open to replace the battery and glue it back together, it won't be waterproof after that. There are some photos online of people doing this with their volvo keys.

I have had mine for almost 3 years and it still works. but others have reported that with daily use theirs have lasted, in some cases around 2 years.

·
Registered
103 Posts
BUT HOW DO YOU GET TO SEE THE LED LIGHT SEQUENCE THINGY I WILL NOT COMPROMISE IT MAKES ME FEEL SPECIAL
To view from the back use the back door slit/button/magic thing then walk briskly but purposefully to a good vantage point to see the lights. It takes a bit of practise to do it and look dignified.

I heard the larger ones remember your last settings, particularly if you have multi drivers for the car. Not sure if that is the case.
Yes it is true, I have found in the menu somewhere where it refers to me as driver 1 or something because of the key. It might be for the android account I'm not sure but it was in there somewhere. Wife is too scared to drive it so I haven't checked if the seat position resets as it hasn't moved since I set it up.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts