Polestar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked WeatherTech when they would be making mats or the bug-stone deflector for the Polestar 2. This is the response I received:
Font Screenshot Multimedia Software Darkness

Not sure if anyone feels the same way, but I feel like we should all shoot them an e-mail letting them know our community wants these items. I shot them an e-mail back letting them know the recent news on Polestar 2 selling 29,000 units. Kind of silly since they have mats for fairly rare-ish cars (McLaren 570GT for example or Lotus Evora).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I prefer TUXMAT they don’t stain and do a way better job of covering up the sides. They don’t have it either though and was going to send them an email. I’m just waiting to receive my car I’ll even offer my car for them to take measurements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I usually buy WeatherTech mats for my car and was disappointed to see that they aren’t making any for this car. As the OP says, they make mats for much more exotic vehicles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've made the request to TuxMat twice. They have an office locally but don't seem interested.

For the WeatherTech - They were probably OEM manufacturers for some brands and they retain the rights to sell them direct.

The Polestar mats are good but a little shallow for my liking and our messy Toronto winters.

Nick

Tuxmat doesn't seem to have any either. Send them a message here:

Model Request | TuxMat - The Ultimate Car Mat

and

New Product Updates | WeatherTech

I will add myself into TuxMat! Please get these companies to know we need mats X)!

Reactions: nbvolks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have sent them two emails in the past couple months. You got much more of a reply than I ever did. I have offered to find them a test vehicle in the Chicago Area (near their HQ) and assured them that many of us would prefer their mats to the less desirable OEM mats.

I say that we blow up this thread, and email them a link to the thread.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
While I'm happy with the OEM mats and am not looking for others, maybe if you ask what number of orders would get them interested. I'm sure they have a good financial model to know when they can turn a profit. If you offer to provide evidence (via this forum and the FB official forum) that they would easily exceed that number then they might change their tune. Or we would prove that they are right and there's just not enough interest.

·
Registered
2021 P2 Midnight exterior & Barley Interior
31 Posts
Dont feel alone, I got the same response least year from WeatherTech. I guess it's because they don't feel there is much demand for them currently. :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sent an email to WeatherTech the other day and they said to just purchase the XC40 floor mats as they would be the same. Since it is the same platform, that made sense from a glance but anyone have any experience with cross shopping models like that?

I also have a request into Husky Liners but haven't heard anything from them as of yet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I sent an email to WeatherTech the other day and they said to just purchase the XC40 floor mats as they would be the same. Since it is the same platform, that made sense from a glance but anyone have any experience with cross shopping models like that?

I also have a request into Husky Liners but haven't heard anything from them as of yet.
This is interesting. My partner has WeatherTech mats in her XC40, I will try to pop out to check today (I'm happy she lets me swap things around between cars...it's for SCIENCE!)

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's a big old nope!

The seat end of the WeatherTech mats (left) isn't as wide or as long as the Polestar all weather mats (right), and the fixturing points are in different locations. (I guess by try to pop out, it meant hit go on my sim and run down the garage...SCIENCE!)

Grey Rectangle Font Metal Auto part

Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part Vehicle door

Finger Auto part Automotive exterior Trigger Automotive tire

·
Registered
651 Posts
Response from them:

Good morning Nathan,

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech.

Unfortunately, I do not see any products in production for the Polestar 2. We would recommend filling out our product request form, linked below, to be notified via email if/when they become available on the website.

http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-updates/

Kindest Regards,

Jayme DelGrosso

So I did follow the link and filled out the request.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's a big old nope!

The seat end of the WeatherTech mats (left) isn't as wide or as long as the Polestar all weather mats (right), and the fixturing points are in different locations. (I guess by try to pop out, it meant hit go on my sim and run down the garage...SCIENCE!)

Hey hey! Thanks for doing that. I'm glad I didn't order them off the word of that response.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I asked WeatherTech when they would be making mats or the bug-stone deflector for the Polestar 2. This is the response I received:
View attachment 10618

Not sure if anyone feels the same way, but I feel like we should all shoot them an e-mail letting them know our community wants these items. I shot them an e-mail back letting them know the recent news on Polestar 2 selling 29,000 units. Kind of silly since they have mats for fairly rare-ish cars (McLaren 570GT for example or Lotus Evora).
[/
View attachment 10618

QUOTE]
Response from them:

Good morning Nathan,

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech.

Unfortunately, I do not see any products in production for the Polestar 2. We would recommend filling out our product request form, linked below, to be notified via email if/when they become available on the website.

http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-updates/

Kindest Regards,

Jayme DelGrosso

So I did follow the link and filled out the request.
Did the same, really need them in Minnesota, and OEM mats are still on backorder with no availability date
ordered with car that was delivered in December.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Midnight w/ Pilot & Plus. Nappa Leather. X-Ice 19" for winter
26 Posts
I did this a couple of weeks ago. They didn't claim the car was in limited production to me though....

If I lived near them I'd offer to let them measure my car. I have to believe a run of 500-1000 mat sets would sell well enough?

·
Registered
132 Posts
A run of 1000 probably wouldn't be cost effective. Assuming a full set is ~$200, that's $200k. I don't think $200k would be worth the cost of paying someone to scan the car, repair/engineer the 3D scans, create test molds, test fit, iterate, and finally purchase a set of molds. Total profit from that process would likely be small....just my 2 cents tho

1 - 19 of 19 Posts