Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those, like me, who didn't exactly read the manual cover to cover (or at all) and just jumped in and started driving there might be a few useful features that some people are unaware of. For example, I didn't know :-

That you could join/split the climate control by pressing the temperature itself and pressing the icon at the top(I'd just been using the plus and minus buttons to do the temperature, and it arrived with split climate control)

OR

There is actually a rain sensor on/off button on the wiper stalk (I'd just had it on intermittent wipe and was adjusting the sensitivity wheel)

OR

You can get the wing mirrors to auto dip on reverse (or do it manually by pressing the wing mirror button twice)

OR

The home button is the little white bar at the bottom of the screen, and if you hold it down it goes in to screen cleaning mode, and if you hold it longer it reboots the infotainment

OR

The funky little animation on the rear light cluster when you unlock with the remote (perfectly possible to miss this treat if you always use keyless entry)

You get the idea. Go on add some more to the thread and see if you can make someone say "oooh ,well I didn't know that!"

(maybe like the persons post too if "you didn't know that" so at least we know we've helped at least one new owner improve their life :) )

·
Registered
286 Posts
You can get the wing mirrors to auto dip on reverse (or do it manually by pressing the wing mirror button twice)
Could this be related to the issue where people were finding the mirrors stuck in the down position? Perhaps it was a commanded event through the button? Or were the reported issues just a single mirror?

Great thread idea, BTW.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
woohoo easy £1, I'll take cheque/postal order. Cmon' SOMEBODY say "well I didn't know that!". (Definitely an 80's sounding catchphrase)

·
Registered
68 Posts
one last for the weekend: you cannot open the windows if you are driving at more than 180 km/h o_O
This makes sense as you would be BUFFETED TO DEATH at any speed above 60MPH with the windows open!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Could this be related to the issue where people were finding the mirrors stuck in the down position? Perhaps it was a commanded event through the button? Or were the reported issues just a single mirror?

Great thread idea, BTW.
If you enable this feature there are a few scenarios where quickly getting in the car and driving off means the driver's mirror doesn't come back up. I've had to manually move it up.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For times of weak 4G signal (or 4G just stops working), YT music app can store offline music. Press the gear/settings icon on YT music (only works when stationary) and you can set a slider on how much offline storage to use and whether to download over wifi only/4G.

Takes a little while to populate, but then offline music comes up as an option on the app

·
Registered
122 Posts
So I ditched the big keys and only used the little one with no buttons. Took me a while to suss out how to lock the car; at first I assumed it would lock as you walk away and unlock as you get closer.... so I tried it (leaving keys on floor further and further away). Nope.
Then I worked out to press my thumb on the handle. Doh !

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is actually a rain sensor on/off button on the wiper stalk (I'd just had it on intermittent wipe and was adjusting the sensitivity wheel)
I could have done with that before my journey in the rain today .... could have sworn there was a rain sensor 🤣

·
Registered
Polestar 2 | Non PP | 19 | Snow
12 Posts
The funky little animation on the rear light cluster when you unlock with the remote (perfectly possible to miss this treat if you always use keyless entry)
Did you spot that front lights do something similar.

Turning a sort of circle towards the centre of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I ditched the big keys and only used the little one with no buttons. Took me a while to suss out how to lock the car; at first I assumed it would lock as you walk away and unlock as you get closer.... so I tried it (leaving keys on floor further and further away). Nope.
Then I worked out to press my thumb on the handle. Doh !
Thumb on the door handle? Where? What position? Same problem here. Car does not lock automatically.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts