Polestar Forum banner

481 - 500 of 635 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Each to their own, but I don't see what creep adds. You just have to keep your foot on the brake pedal instead of the throttle, and then when you do want to move off at anything above 'creep' speed you then have to move your foot.

With creep turned off, you just keep your foot in one place on the throttle pedal. You can creep just as slowly using the throttle as you can with creep mode.

I think the only benefit of creep is familiarity if you had an automatic car before.
You beat me to the punch. I completely agree.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It's nice to have the option. I am sure if it wasn't offered somebody would have complained!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don’t know if it is a setting or so. When the outside temperature is below a certain amount, it heats the seats automatically. If it is warmer outside, it doesn’t use the seat heaters.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
547 Posts
This was discussed some time ago as I didn’t think the seat heaters were intelligent and controlled by outside temps but they are. @rgledhill amd others pointed this out.

From what I’ve seen 9 degrees C and over is the cut off point, probably 10. I’ve not seen any adjustment that can be made to that in the menus other than setting to auto when you get in the car. You can do this for front seats only AFAIK.

·
Registered
972 Posts
This was discussed some time ago as I didn’t think the seat heaters were intelligent and controlled by outside temps but they are. @rgledhill amd others pointed this out.

From what I’ve seen 9 degrees C and over is the cut off point, probably 10. I’ve not seen any adjustment that can be made to that in the menus other than setting to auto when you get in the car. You can do this for front seats only AFAIK.
Good to know!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 ·
First nice day yesterday- up to 21*C. Sorry @stevelup but I opened my window.
Well I didn't know that I would have to almost dislocate my shoulder to rest my arm on the door frame.
(Admittedly I have my seat as low as it goes)
You could always replace it with a door off a white transit van.

You're welcome.

·
Registered
735 Posts
First nice day yesterday- up to 21*C. Sorry @stevelup but I opened my window.
Well I didn't know that I would have to almost dislocate my shoulder to rest my arm on the door frame.
(Admittedly I have my seat as low as it goes)
Interesting to hear about your low seat location. I'm 5' 10", and I have my seat set relatively high. I also have the steering wheel pulled quite a bit aft, because I have the seat a ways back to make my legs comfortable (especially because of the sharp ridge issue on the console). If I put the seat low, I don't feel like I have a good sense of where the corners of the car are, etc. I just seem to prefer a higher seating position (even though I'm coming from an A4, which is a butt-dragger). Seems like this may be a thread of its own.

P.S. Queue jokes...

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have my seat as low as it will go because it is also as far back as it will go as well. My only complaint about Volvo seats is that they raise and lower on a diagonal rather than straight up. My 25 year old 850R does exactly the same thing. And yes, the window sills are very high. I'm 6' 3" and it is not comfortable to try to rest my arm out the window.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
On my first driver safety training, I was surprised how different the proper seating position is from what you think is comfortable. Especially the requirement to be able to push the wheel 90° with the outside hand without lifting the shoulder from the backrest instead of pulling with the inside one made a big difference. Felt quite awkward for a while.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
My only complaint about Volvo seats is that they raise and lower on a diagonal rather than straight up
This is unfortunately pretty common on most modern power seats. I'm 6'2" and have to have the seat all the way up because I'm all legs. But of course that then doesn't leave my legs a lot of room.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
263 Posts
I was listening to a podcast in my Polestar 2 when the presenter recommended a video to watch on YouTube. Given the infotainment system is Android I figured I'd try this, "OK Google, add <name of video> to my watch later list on YouTube". Bingo! It did exactly that! Nice.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I was listening to a podcast in my Polestar 2 when the presenter recommended a video to watch on YouTube. Given the infotainment system is Android I figured I'd try this, "OK Google, add <name of video> to my watch later list on YouTube". Bingo! It did exactly that! Nice.
Now all you need is to be able to say hey Google play that video and have it come up on the screen 😀

·
Registered
691 Posts
I can add one here - I use Google Podcasts rather than Pocket Casts and I had been just using Bluetooth Audio from my phone. It's been several months ago, forgot to post it, but I accidentally asked Assistant to resume the current podcast I was listening to in the house, the same way I do it when I want to resume on one of my many Google Assistant powered devices. Lo, and Behold, the Infotainment system in the car happily started playing my podcast in the car natively! I was able to ask for specific podcasts, latest version of one, fast forward, pause, etc. Just no UI to operate, but the only thing that didn't work was speeding up playback (I usually listen at 1.3x). So I'm very happy and just waiting for the actual app to show up in the Play Store, but no hurry.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I also was told you don’t need to sit in the drivers seat in order to start the infotainment system. Just press the home button. Can be done from any position. The system then enters Comfort mode.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I also was told you don’t need to sit in the drivers seat in order to start the infotainment system. Just press the home button. Can be done from any position. The system then enters Comfort mode.
You do have to pay attention to the screen though. Every 15 or 20 minutes (can't remember) it pops up a dialog box with a timer that will shut stuff down if not dismissed.

481 - 500 of 635 Posts