Polestar Forum banner
701 - 720 of 754 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I'm assuming that there are safety (crash integrity) reasons for this. But agreed, this makes the space less than user-friendly.
The double latch, yea, but I'd bet cost is the reason there's no electronic popper.

·
Registered
2021 PS2 | Midnight | non-PP | tow hitch | 19” | tinted rear windows | ceramic coated
66 Posts
I would too if it wasn’t such a big hassle to open it and close it.

It was clearly designed to be operated very infrequently for access to an engine, not daily storage, which is unfortunate.
If you’re opening it daily to bring home the take out, you should take a cooking class 🧑‍🍳 😊

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm assuming that there are safety (crash integrity) reasons for this. But agreed, this makes the space less than user-friendly.
The double latches is because the latches become hinges when you run over a pedestrian. The hood is active and will lift up at the rear in such a collision so that the whole hood becomes a sprung surface on which some of the energy of the collision can be absorbed.

With only one latch in the centre it would be all wobbly ("all wobbly" being the correct technical term)

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
873 Posts
The double latches is because the latches become hinges when you run over a pedestrian. The hood is active and will lift up at the rear in such a collision so that the whole hood becomes a sprung surface on which some of the energy of the collision can be absorbed.

With only one latch in the centre it would be all wobbly ("all wobbly" being the correct technical term)
To me the annoying bit is that the only way to pop it up is by opening the drivers door and then pulling the mechanical lever. I can't get bothered to do this when all it takes is a wave of the foot at the back of the car to pop up the trunk. If they had the same mechanism at the front I'd use it for things other than my emergency bag etc.

·
Registered
764 Posts
To me the annoying bit is that the only way to pop it up is by opening the drivers door and then pulling the mechanical lever. I can't get bothered to do this when all it takes is a wave of the foot at the back of the car to pop up the trunk. If they had the same mechanism at the front I'd use it for things other than my emergency bag etc.
First World problems. But sure, must be possible to add an electronic release, and a light

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
873 Posts
First World problems. But sure, must be possible to add an electronic release, and a light
Not complaining; I’m happy to offload emergency kit etc there to keep the boot empty, but can’t imagine using it on a frequent basis as it is.

I can understand why there was little point to add the cost of a more user friendly opening method for such a small space anyway.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
The interior lights turn on when you unbuckle your seatbelt. I've been so used to them turning on when the car is turned off I never thought about or noticed what happens in a car with no key, lol.

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
181 Posts
Here’s the new one I just figured out after having the car for six months. If you press the button on the steering wheel that’s to show you the manual and automatic trip when a phone call comes in it will answer your phone also if you press the same button while on the phone call it will end your phone.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Here’s the new one I just figured out after having the car for six months. If you press the button on the steering wheel that’s to show you the manual and automatic trip when a phone call comes in it will answer your phone also if you press the same button while on the phone call it will end your phone.
This coincides with the call information appearing on the right-edge of the Dash display.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
You can use the arrows to select the microphone icon to mute the call as well. Very handy when I'm on early morning conference calls after dropping the kids off. :)

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
This coincides with the call information appearing on the right-edge of the Dash display.
You can use the arrows to select the microphone icon to mute the call as well. Very handy when I'm on early morning conference calls after dropping the kids off. :)
And if your hands free bluetooth doesn't work those buttons are completely useless because you can't hear anyone and they just hear noise. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
1,396 Posts
One more reason to 'hide' the trip stats behind a long press and have that button mirror play/pause by default.

701 - 720 of 754 Posts