Polestar Forum banner
721 - 740 of 754 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
873 Posts
You can engage the ACC without being in motion. It sets to the minimum of 20mph. In every other car I've had you have to get to the minimum speed in order to set the ACC.
Yeah this is handy in traffic jams. It’ll only do that if there’s a car in front though for safety reasons, otherwise it has a minimum speed limit too.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Yeah this is handy in traffic jams. It’ll only do that if there’s a car in front though for safety reasons, otherwise it has a minimum speed limit too.
Previously I've been in many a traffic jam where I had to wait for a large enough gap to get up to the min speed so I could set the ACC.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Had my first dream with the Polestar as a major focus - it got new features - an opening glass roof and back seats that disappear into the floor when folded. It also lost a feature - auto parking brake. o_O

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
873 Posts
Glass roof opening would be great, but to be honest it's a bit of a gimmick for those in the front seat. I might be spoiled by driving convertibles, but I don't even notice it's glass as it starts above my head so I have to tilt way up to notice.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Glass roof opening would be great, but to be honest it's a bit of a gimmick for those in the front seat. I might be spoiled by driving convertibles, but I don't even notice it's glass as it starts above my head so I have to tilt way up to notice.
Yea, it's more for my kids in the back than me. They love it.

Reactions: kkonstan

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Had my first dream with the Polestar as a major focus - it got new features - an opening glass roof and back seats that disappear into the floor when folded. It also lost a feature - auto parking brake. o_O
"Polestar Dreams" the movie. We can dream about what a great car it is.
"Polestar Nightmares" the movie. We can dream about all the things they have yet to deliver, or that still don't work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My previous car was an XC90 with the B&W Premium Sound option. It was the best sound system I have ever heard and you could listen to it in FLAC's. The P2's is unfortunately a step below, especially for the rear seats. I used to have HK in a Discovery and Dynaudio in the XC90 1st generation. The Dynaudio's were really good too.
I am also coming from the superb Bowers and Wilkins system in the S90 T8. (insert joke here) Whenever I get into a new car I have to have the best available system that is offered. Unfortunately, B&W is not offered in the Polestar 2. The Harman Kardon actually ended up being not as bad as I expected.
I've previously had Nakamichi and Mark Levinsons in several of my previous Lexus vehicles which were also very nice.
B&W should be offered in the Polestar 2. Maybe the wattage is excessive for a BEV???

·
Registered
P2 - Magnesium - Charcoal - PP - tow hook
252 Posts
I have the impression that the HK system has improved with each update of the car (especially the management in relation to the ambient noise which is much more refined), or is it just a matter of running the speakers? Nowadays I don't use any EQ. ...Or did I forget how fabulous the BWs were? For me it was not a matter of power but of details in the highs and mids which I missed.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I don’t know if any of you have seen this pretty good video about the Harman Kardon system in the Polestar 2….

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I am also coming from the superb Bowers and Wilkens system in the S90 T8. (insert joke here) Whenever I get into a new car I have to have the best available system that is offered. Unfortunately, B&W is not offered in the Polestar 2. The Harman Kardon actually ended up being not as bad as I expected.
I've previously had Nakamichi and Mark Levinsons in several of my previous Lexus vehicles which were also very nice.
B&W should be offered in the Polestar 2. Maybe the wattage is excessive for a BEV???
These car systems are more branding than substance. You'd be hard pressed to differentiate one from another in a car environment beyond personal taste. They are all good systems that are tailored to the car to some degree. But nothing B&W or ML puts in a car is going to sound anything like their home speakers.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Maybe the wattage is excessive for a BEV???
Nah, it's $$$. No one uses all of the wattage of their stereo anyway, it gives the system a bit more headroom so they sound better when pushed, but it's mostly just a splashy number to put on a spec sheet.

Although I'm hopeful someone will cram a Bolt battery pack into a Chevy Astro van and use it to drive their systems for sound competitions.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Found out today that you can charge two cars at time with the Plugsurfing card on Ionity.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts

I don’t know if any of you have seen this pretty good video about the Harman Kardon system in the Polestar 2….
My impression, right from the start back in December, was that the audio was very good, especially for female vocals. 'Nice to have some confirmation of that.

·
Registered
372 Posts
For anyone else having Bluetooth phone connection drops ("Polestar PS2" connection) while driving, the latest OTA update didn't fix that for me, but I did find an easy way to reconnect my phone while driving. This method no longer requires unlocking my phone, navigating to the phone's Settings, Bluetooth connection list and finding and tapping the "Polestar PS2" device to reconnect....

Now I just say "Hey Google, turn Bluetooth Off", then wait a sec, then say the opposite to turn it back on, and voila - phone is connected again! Of course, YMMV. This works with my iPhone but since the command is to turn off/on the car's BT, this should be phone and model agnostic.

Of course I would prefer that the connection not drop, but in the absence of that, at least it's an easy and non-distracting way to fix the issue.

HTH!

·
Registered
38 Posts
The « hold » icon on the instrument panel changed from green to white after the update :)
Good one. First thing I noticed a few days ago.

And the update had turned off the auto wipers and auto headlights.
What kind of software developer decides that it's useful to reset stuff like that?

·
Registered
Midnight PP leather tow
15 Posts
The « hold » icon on the instrument panel changed from green to white after the update :)
Did the colour of the lights in the charging socket (is that what it's called?) change too? I think mine used to be white when it wasn't plugged in, I think I saw green now?

721 - 740 of 754 Posts