Polestar Forum banner
741 - 754 of 754 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
873 Posts
For anyone else having Bluetooth phone connection drops ("Polestar PS2" connection) while driving, the latest OTA update didn't fix that for me, but I did find an easy way to reconnect my phone while driving. This method no longer requires unlocking my phone, navigating to the phone's Settings, Bluetooth connection list and finding and tapping the "Polestar PS2" device to reconnect....

Now I just say "Hey Google, turn Bluetooth Off", then wait a sec, then say the opposite to turn it back on, and voila - phone is connected again! Of course, YMMV. This works with my iPhone but since the command is to turn off/on the car's BT, this should be phone and model agnostic.

Of course I would prefer that the connection not drop, but in the absence of that, at least it's an easy and non-distracting way to fix the issue.

HTH!
For me this only happens when the digital key is activated, which is one of the reasons I don't use this (the other being, I don't like getting locked out!)

I tried again after the latest OTA and on my iPhone it does cause drop outs of BT every few minutes which is annoying.

If you don't need PAK and this is bothering you, try to disable it, it might fix it (unless you have another issue too)

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
So this is not something I don't know, but it is thoroughly annoying. Sometimes when I'm on the phone I also want to check my usage stats. So I dutifully hit the right center button on the wheel... and promptly hang up the call 😕. I wish I had a dollar for every time I've done it.

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
181 Posts
So this is not something I don't know, but it is thoroughly annoying. Sometimes when I'm on the phone I also want to check my usage stats. So I dutifully hit the right center button on the wheel... and promptly hang up the call 😕. I wish I had a dollar for every time I've done it.
Bad short term memory. It’s easier clicking that than looking at the screen to click answer or hang up.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Bad short term memory. It’s easier clicking that than looking at the screen to click answer or hang up.
There has to be a better way so these otherwise asynchronous functions don't interfere with each other.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I haven't found this a bother, really. Maybe that's because I'm not often on the phone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pop Quiz:

What weighs more?
Volvo S90 T8 or Polestar 2?

Length of Volvo 200.4 inches
Length of Polestar 2 181.3 inches

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yep....By 7 lbs.
I found it interesting though.
The T8 has a much smaller battery pack obviously.

Volvo 4673 lbs
Polestar 4680 lbs

741 - 754 of 754 Posts