Polestar Forum banner
781 - 800 of 878 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
That's neat. Mine is called Björn apparently. Yours?
Tried to upload a video, but not supported. Mine says, "Polestar" in a strange, 80's vibe, synth voice.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #785 ·
Crawling along a Motorway holiday traffic? Stop/start 5-10mph? Well at least you don't have to bother with clutch control and gear changes so stop complaining;).

Anyway if you want to make it even easier, press the ACC button and it defaults to 20mph (plenty for crawling along) and your car will take the strain of crawling along behind the car in front automatically. If you come to an absolute standstill it cancels, but a gentle press of the accelerator re-engages it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Crawling along a Motorway holiday traffic? Stop/start 5-10mph? Well at least you don't have to bother with clutch control and gear changes so stop complaining;).

Anyway if you want to make it even easier, press the ACC button and it defaults to 20mph (plenty for crawling along) and your car will take the strain of crawling along behind the car in front automatically. If you come to an absolute standstill it cancels, but a gentle press of the accelerator re-engages it.
Set ACC to 70mph (or your preferred cruising speed) and you don't have to touch the pedals until you leave the motorway - I continue to be childishly amused / technically impressed by the abilities of ACC.

Shame the speed limit recognition system isn't anywhere even even vaguely close in terms of accuracy...

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Actually you need to come to a standstill for more than 5 seconds before it disengages. Less than that and it will take back off on its own when the car ahead does.

And it's a little better to keep the ACC set lower in stop and go traffic. That way if a larger gap opens it won't accelerate to quickly and then have to stop too quickly.

·
Registered
magnesium/slate/19"/tow/18xxx
179 Posts
When crawling at low speed on ACC & lane assist it takes a lot longer for the system to start complaining to put your hands back on the steering wheel (roughly 30 seconds under 20 km/h)
Per 1% extra vaccinations it gets 1 km/h slower in traffic it seems...

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #790 · (Edited)
If you add a charger to your google route that has a charger status, it normally doesn't update after you've added it. Unless...If you click the route overview icon in google maps and select the charger in your route list it gives you the latest status update. I experimented with this today with an Ionity charger. The Ionity app agreed with the status in the car, so I could check as I got closer whether there was available chargers and worth pulling in.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
If you are in maps for instance, and then click the car icon to change a setting, if you then click the car icon again you go right back to maps (or whatever you were previously looking at).

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
When using ACC, if you come into a turn hot (like a freeway to freeway ramp), the ACC will reduce your speed on it's own. I imagine this is just another safety feature.

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
When using ACC, if you come into a turn hot (like a freeway to freeway ramp), the ACC will reduce your speed on it's own. I imagine this is just another safety feature.
It not doing this (and not similarly negotiating bumps/dips) is the main reason I stopped using ACC. Will have to try it again

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
It not doing this (and not similarly negotiating bumps/dips) is the main reason I stopped using ACC. Will have to try it again
Are you suggesting that it might/should slow down on it's own for bumps/dips? I'm not sure it could react that fast, or get any preemptive data on it from google.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Does it really do this? It would be a great feature to have, but right now I'm not convinced our cars slow down on sharp turns.

781 - 800 of 878 Posts