Polestar Forum banner
1301 - 1320 of 1333 Posts

· Registered
1,107 Posts
This could just be applicable to my body physiology (5'1, 125lb, etc), phone model (iPhone 14 Pro Max) and typical phone placement when using the kick sensor (right front pocket of shorts), but I've found that if I stand in front of the license plate and kick with my left foot, it works much more reliably than kicking with my right. This could be related to when kicking with the foot on the side of the body where the phone is, the phone is twisted away from the car just enough to cause the bluetooth signal to decline to the point where the car beeps at me 3x rather than opening the boot.

· Registered
1,055 Posts

Manual is clear “one forward kicking motion under the centre of the rear bumper”
Just went to the garage to try it. With PAK, a straight kick just got me 3 beeps and no opening. So I opened it manually and tried to close it using the straight kick and got the same 3 beeps and no closing. Back of the car is dirty s hell though

· Registered
90 Posts
Three beeps means kick recognized but key(s) not in range for opening/closing. Try moving around with your keys slightly and see if it works. Also the sensor will stop sensing kicks after 3 failed kick to open (triple beep) attempts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,055 Posts
Three beeps means kick recognized but key(s) not in range for opening/closing. Try moving around with your keys slightly and see if it works. Also the sensor will stop sensing kicks after 3 failed kick to open (triple beep) attempts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good info thanks

· Registered
1,055 Posts
Just for the heck of it when I got to the car after work I walked up to the rear with my phone in my pocket, stuck my foot right under the license plate and the truck popped right up.

· Registered
SRSM, Pilot lite & Plus,Midnight
117 Posts
I walked up to the rear with my phone in my pocket, stuck my foot right under the license plate and the truck popped right up
I did the same - I think the bruising on my shin will subside in a few days.

My car/phone connection is somewhat slow (rural UK issue) so the car takes about 15 seconds to realise you are there!

· Registered
3 Posts
is the extra thigh support on all cars or just Plus pack?
Yes, the mechanical extension is part of the Plus pack.
Plus: Full power seats including 4-way power lumbar support (memory on driver seat), mechanical extension and backrest storage nets.
Standard: Power seats with mechanical backrests and 4-way power lumbar support

· Registered
2022 DM / snow/ nappa/ pilot, plus / 20” rims
149 Posts
Speaking of fog lights, I didn’t know we had rear fogs here in the US. I was in the garage with the door closed while I was messing with all the light buttons on the turn signal stalk and when I pressed the tab that’s under the front fog light tab lights on the rear end came on
I noticed the rear fog light button but I'm not sure exactly which lights come on? is it just the rear led bar? or the reverse lights? anyone have a picture?

· Registered
1,055 Posts
I noticed the rear fog light button but I'm not sure exactly which lights come on? is it just the rear led bar? or the reverse lights? anyone have a picture?
There are two small lights on the black part of the rear bumper that light up when you turn them on. I'll take a pic when I get home unless someone beats me to it.

1301 - 1320 of 1333 Posts