Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick trip to the tip to dump an old BBQ and electrical equipment that's been clogging up the place.

As I left I could hear something, I opened my window and could hear the unmistakable noise of a flat tyre.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bad luck 😲. Those refuse centres are a sod for providing stray puncture material to ruin your day. I had the same experience at one a couple of years ago. Hope you can find a tyre soonest.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Managed to get a replacement tyre.

The tyre pressure warning did come up, but my son cleared it on the main screen and I just cleared all the drivers display ones without looking 😂

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
867 Posts
Yes - you can.
True, but when I testedmine I found it to be terrible, slow and noisy. It also doesn't feel like it'll last long, looks disposable, so I'll refrain from using it unless I need to add the goop.

The £10 inflator I bought from Amazon a while back is much better.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,863 Posts
I've used these ones for years as they're the same as the ones supplied with the Kona, Zoe and some previous cars. Never let me down even they do feel a bit weedy. Remember that they're working a lot harder when pushing goop in, so for just general inflation, it doesn't work them that hard at all.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone know where I can get more of the white stuff?

Or should I just ask the local Volvo dealership and pay x10 the cost?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Do you have a link please?
This is the one - I’ve used one to monthly do my tyres for years now:

If they shortened the cable since I bought it it might not work though, due to polestar having 12V only in the left side of the boot. I had to hold it slightly above ground to do the front right tyre, although going above the seats might have worked better.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Anyone know where I can get more of the white stuff?

Or should I just ask the local Volvo dealership and pay x10 the cost?
Don't you have to replace the whole lot? I thought once you put the goop through you have to bin the lot and get a new compressor too.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't you have to replace the whole lot? I thought once you put the goop through you have to bin the lot and get a new compressor too.
I'll contact Volvo and ask them. Thanks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Perhaps I'm being captain obvious, but just wanted to point out for regular tire checks, a bicycle pump works absolutely fine. First realized this 25 years ago when I took a car for my first track day and saw others adjusting pressures with bike tire pumps. It's way faster and easier than those noisy things that plug into the lighter 12v outlet.

Obviously this isn't helpful when you get a puncture leaving the dump (sorry man, that sucks!), but I saw some other posts around general air fill up so wanted to mention.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Perhaps I'm being captain obvious, but just wanted to point out for regular tire checks, a bicycle pump works absolutely fine. First realized this 25 years ago when I took a car for my first track day and saw others adjusting pressures with bike tire pumps. It's way faster and easier than those noisy things that plug into the lighter 12v outlet.

Obviously this isn't helpful when you get a puncture leaving the dump (sorry man, that sucks!), but I saw some other posts around general air fill up so wanted to mention.
Oh sure, for just checks I've got a cheap pressure gauge, or just small top ups.

I just had to increase pressure from 39 to 41 front and from 42 to 45 psi in the back since the last check a few weeks ago and that wouldn't be fun with a foot pump!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Perhaps I'm being captain obvious, but just wanted to point out for regular tire checks, a bicycle pump works absolutely fine.
Genius! My electric pump had only ever reached and checked the rear tyres since delivery because of the 12v connection, can't reach the front. I can get out my MTB floor pump tomorrow and finally check/adjust the fronts.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is the one - I’ve used one to monthly do my tyres for years now:

If they shortened the cable since I bought it it might not work though, due to polestar having 12V only in the left side of the boot. I had to hold it slightly above ground to do the front right tyre, although going above the seats might have worked better.
Well the cable is definitely not long enough to reach the either front wheel.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts