Polestar Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
BTW Volvo want £40 for a new hose and tub of white gunk..........

They don't replace the whole pump just from the connection before the bottle connection.

Hmmmmmm seems bloody expensive for a hose and some goo

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks for the price GDank. 24 or so from amazon. I have to say one of my few annoyances is the lack of option for spare tyre. I'd rather not bother with the goop and get recovery service in, especially as the instructions are use it and hope.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
333 Posts
Thanks for the price GDank. 24 or so from amazon. I have to say one of my few annoyances is the lack of option for spare tyre. I'd rather not bother with the goop and get recovery service in, especially as the instructions are use it and hope.
It would be great if they could have designed it so there was an option of a space saver spare instead of a frunk, I’d have opted for it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Perhaps I'm being captain obvious, but just wanted to point out for regular tire checks, a bicycle pump works absolutely fine. First realized this 25 years ago when I took a car for my first track day and saw others adjusting pressures with bike tire pumps. It's way faster and easier than those noisy things that plug into the lighter 12v outlet.

Obviously this isn't helpful when you get a puncture leaving the dump (sorry man, that sucks!), but I saw some other posts around general air fill up so wanted to mention.
I had to adjust the pressure in my last car so I used my bike hand pump. It took... a while.

·
Registered
Midnight Charcoal 20” nonPP waiting for delivery date
128 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
We have seen a photo of your garage professor. It is bigger than my house. So I can see why this is an option. Unfortunately I and many in uk have to street park so dragging that thing around may be a little awkward lol
Understood. I know how fortunate I am. I also know UK garages, when present, are built for a Peel P50.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had to adjust the pressure in my last car so I used my bike hand pump. It took... a while.
Hmm, maybe my pump is more efficient, I know there are different ratings and of course seals dry out over time which can lead to efficiency loss. It takes me approx 6 pumps to add 1psi of air, so if I'm checking tires monthly it's about 15 to 20 pumps per tire to overfill slightly, then hook up a pressure gauge with a finger press air release valve, get it to my desired psi level and I'm done.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 - Void - VIN 005xxx
8 Posts
Well the cable is definitely not long enough to reach the either front wheel.
Maybe it's me, quite often in life it is! But I had a nail in my tyre last week and had to add some air to get to the tyre shop, problem is I couldn't get the 12v pump to work unless I was sat in the car!?!? How can that be possible to keep jumping out and reading the gauge!

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
333 Posts
Maybe it's me, quite often in life it is! But I had a nail in my tyre last week and had to add some air to get to the tyre shop, problem is I couldn't get the 12v pump to work unless I was sat in the car!?!? How can that be possible to keep jumping out and reading the gauge!
Sitting in the car, putting it in to drive mode then pressing park seems to keep the rear 12V socket alive for a few minutes after you have stood up, but it's frustrating.

I still think an actual start/stop button would have been better user experience.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sitting in the car, putting it in to drive mode then pressing park seems to keep the rear 12V socket alive for a few minutes after you have stood up, but it's frustrating.
This is how I did it ... however I never did this on purpose. I was already driving so must have been how the 12V stayed on.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,994 Posts
Got this for Christmas. Decent vac but scared to use the pump.
Don't know why, you know it must be a great piece of kit when it's a vac, pump, torch, coffee maker, marital aid and I believe fortune teller (unconfirmed)
View attachment 3974
The wife really must have run out of ideas, or is perhaps trying to dispatch you? :)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts