Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
That muck on the bumper will be giving the more OCD members on here a hernia!!

Did you lift the floor first and pour the contents of another bag into the boot well? Also you could have squashed another one into the frunk if you'd tried ;).

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Winter, two kids and an allotment. Gave up on new car OCD after about one month. It now looks like a proper family car. In other words, a disaster. All that waxing, washing, glass sealer, buffing up with... erm... what? Oh yes, they're called micro fibre cloth, right? Been so long I've forgotten all the words already. Wait, let me take a photo of all the mud all over the trim on the inside... Back in a mo....

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Problem with the rear bumper is it's like a shelf for dirt to just sit on there and group up!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem with the rear bumper is it's like a shelf for dirt to just sit on there and group up!
Just imagine one of my kids helping me haul a bag of compost into the boot then looking at their bear hands (bad parenting, no gloves) and just scraping that all (organic and peat free, mind) off onto the bumper. Yep. Quality disaster zone. And they literally do have bear hands. So, so much muck.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I look after my cars serviced, clean, rubbish free. I was afraid I would get OCD with the Polestar as the most expensive car by far I have owned but decided a car is for using and enjoying. If you tubers can clean up barn finds I’m sure they can cope with compost and kids. Use and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
It can be a downside to worry too much about a car... If you spend more time anxious about it than enjoying it, it's a net negative, right? So I applaud those who just use the car and also enjoy it.

That being said, I'm one of those dropping serious bucks for the ceramic coating and PPF, so...

That being said, a big snow storm is on the way and the local highway departments feel that if spreading some salt is helpful, spreading ten times more must be ten times better. And let's add some sand and ash... And I'll be driving in it. This is my daily driver and it will undoubtedly pick up some... uhm... patina.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
I once carried a 10 foot high Magnolia tree back from the garden centre in the passenger footwell of my Jaguar XKR cabriolet! It still had some leaves on when we got home, but not many ;)

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
867 Posts
I once carried a 10 foot high Magnolia tree back from the garden centre in the passenger footwell of my Jaguar XKR cabriolet! It still had some leaves on when we got home, but not many ;)
Yeah it’s surprising how much damage even 20-30mph can do in a few minutes!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Not the best load carrier that I've ever had, the roof bar spacing is a bit narrow, but here's mine being used to buy building materials

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
867 Posts
I look after my cars serviced, clean, rubbish free. I was afraid I would get OCD with the Polestar as the most expensive car by far I have owned but decided a car is for using and enjoying. If you tubers can clean up barn finds I’m sure they can cope with compost and kids. Use and enjoy.
A long time ago I sold a ~10 year old Skoda Octavia for a bit over a grand. The upholstery was beige fabric, for the first few years anyway.

A few days later I had a look to see how much they were trying to flog it for and was surprised to see photos with what looked like brand new everything inside!

I doubt they would have spent more than £50 cleaning it, which makes me wonder - where do these people get the cars cleaned!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So 540l of boot space, up to the window? Pretty good!
Well - you know - I could have torn open two more compost bags and poured them into the lower trunk (and then shovelled it out in the allotment) and I suppose I could have emptied 30ltr from another half bag into the frunk! LOL - I mean, I know I'm not that OCD about cleaning my car but even I might turn my nose up at doing that! haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts