Polestar Forum banner

What cars are (or were) you cross-shopping with the Polestar 2?

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the I-Pace and possibly the E-Tron (wish the GT were a near-term reality). Not considering Model Y due to quality issues. How about you?

·
Registered
29 Posts
At this point, the leading alternative is the Volvo XC40 Recharge. I am looking forward to driving one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So is it overpriced by $20k or are they not selling?
Not overpriced at all. The I-Pace has, IMO, a level of luxury not attained in the Ford or Polestar products. Fit, finish & materials are all first class. They haven't been selling largely because the early knock it received on range. However since I've owned the vehicle, I've been routinely averaging 245-252 miles. For my purposes that's more than enough. Jaguar upped the range with software updates much like Tesla did. A number of people who were waiting for the Ford Mach E electric have since bought the I-Pace.

Great car and now a great price. Ride and handling are great and the car gets endless compliments. I traded a late 2017 Model S that I had for almost 3 years and I find the I-Pace better in all respects except the somewhat laggy infotainment system of the Jaguar. But that's certainly not a deal-break.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I seriously considered the 3 long range, but for me the 2 just had so much more style. For me lines of the car are really beautiful and the 3 looks rather plain by comparison. The price difference is hardly anything in the UK between the two and there are a lot of 3’s running about, so it is nice to be different. The Jag is also very nice, but too expensive for me. BTW I have been told first week of August for the delivery of my 2!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was considering ModelY.. Recently canceled my $2500 deposit.. (for all the negatives floating around out there) but mostly because, I ordered back in NOV2019 and others who only plunked $100 in 2020 got their notices and vehicles before I.. That says a lot in my book.

I-Pace was on the table too, but wayyyy too expensive for what you get. And the fact that you can't really 'piece together' the options you want like the website suggests you can.. PhotonRed, basic Black interior with signature J DRLs is hard to come by... makes no sense..

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can easily get $20,000 off of the MSRP on an I-Pace. That brings it easily into the price territory of the Polestar. Mine stickered at $83,000 and sold for $63,000.

·
Registered
17 Posts
...after you haggle for a few days, and if they can find the trim combo you want

my experience from three different dealers

lame

·
Registered
47 Posts
...after you haggle for a few days, and if they can find the trim combo you want

my experience from three different dealers

lame
Actually not at all! My car was clearly advertised on their website with the price reduction already stated. No haggling. I suspect I could have gotten them down a bit more, but I was very happy with what it was. Others have gotten similar discounts without much hassle. Certainly worth it for the level of luxury & performance you get with the I-Pace.

I'm sure the Polestar will be a great car too, but I like the certainty of where I can buy and where I can service. That's just me. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am considering the I-Pace and possibly the E-Tron (wish the GT were a near-term reality). Not considering Model Y due to quality issues. How about you?
I have placed an order for the Polestar 2 with estimated late Summer / Autumn delivery.
I considered, and test drove the IPace but in the UK at least, it is very overpriced. This may be due to the fact that the car is contract made for Jaguar in Austria, pushing the cost price higher than the market will stand, but for whatever reason, it's about £10,000 too expensive here. Lovely car, but no, not at that price.
I test drove Tesla model 3 and just didn't like it. It seems bland (exterior and interior) somehow. Please Tesla Fanboys don't start quoting 0-60 times of the near £60,000 performance model.
I am talking about living with the car for an extended period of time and in that sense it is uninspiring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I seriously considered the 3 long range, but for me the 2 just had so much more style. For me lines of the car are really beautiful and the 3 looks rather plain by comparison. The price difference is hardly anything in the UK between the two and there are a lot of 3’s running about, so it is nice to be different. The Jag is also very nice, but too expensive for me. BTW I have been told first week of August for the delivery of my 2!
Hi polestar2417, dud polestar call you and give you a date for delivery. DOD you discuss payment. Fancy elaborating on the process?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone else getting tempted to bail?
Audi and Jaguar here are advertising great etron and IPace deals, which make them less expensive than a P2. And a TM3 is definitely cheaper than the US (though I really don't like their interior, build quality, and Elon Musk).
.... and I wouldn't have to wait however many months for those...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Certainly not for any of them:

Don’t want an SUV
Want something that is built to a decent standard and with a high spec.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone else getting tempted to bail?
Audi and Jaguar here are advertising great etron and IPace deals, which make them less expensive than a P2. And a TM3 is definitely cheaper than the US (though I really don't like their interior, build quality, and Elon Musk).
.... and I wouldn't have to wait however many months for those...
I am tempted by the Jaguar, less so by the others. The deeper we get into the summer without more details or test drives, the more likely I’m going to bail.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I never thought I'd say that a Jaguar was "less" exclusive than just about anything else. But in this case it is. Around here F-Pace's are a dime a dozen, so an I-Pace just blends in.

There's really nothing else out there that tickles my fancy. Every other manufacturer's new EVs are delayed even further than the 2. I imagine if I get desperate I could live with a Bolt or a Kona on a short-term lease.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I never thought I'd say that a Jaguar was "less" exclusive than just about anything else. But in this case it is. Around here F-Pace's are a dime a dozen, so an I-Pace just blends in.

There's really nothing else out there that tickles my fancy. Every other manufacturer's new EVs are delayed even further than the 2. I imagine if I get desperate I could live with a Bolt or a Kona on a short-term lease.
Couldn’t disagree more. Here on Long Island, I can’t tell you how many compliments and “ooo, nice car, what is that?”, I get. Much more so than my Model S ever did.

I find it a far more attractive and luxurious vehicle than the MachE, the interior of my MS (I still think the MS has a gorgeous exterior) or the Polestar 2. The upcoming Lucid is another gorgeous car, but very pricey.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts