Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted a P2 Moon yesterday with non-standard wheels. Personally I generally find that non-brand wheels on cars to look a bit off compared to the options from the manufacturer. What do you Think? The one I saw was running Continental WinterContact studless winter tyres on 19" Rims from Nitro.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,871 Posts
Like how people used to save the best clothes for Sundays, in harsher climates do folks save their good wheels for the milder months? Otherwise why bother? All Polestar’s wheels are great.
Generally I will only make very subtle alterations to my car. I love the design so why change it?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like how people used to save the best clothes for Sundays, in harsher climates do folks save their good wheels for the milder months? Otherwise why bother? All Polestar’s wheels are great.
Generally I will only make very subtle alterations to my car. I love the design so why change it?
It's often the case that the nicer set of wheels is the summer set, that's certainly the case with my V90 although they are still both Volvo wheels. It's also common to go down a rim size for winter wheels, mainly for comfort and rim protection.

Fortunately it's becoming lass common as alloy wheels have become the norm, but there are many who have alloys for the summer and steel wheels for the winter.

For the record, I do not like the wheels pictured above.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I'm not a big fan of those wheels either, but I'd give the owner a pass for her or his winter wheel set.

I like to use smaller rims for the winter wheels, but that certainly won't be possible for the performance package with those oversized Brembo calipers.

I suspect, I'll end up just biting the bullet and buying a second set of the Polestar PP wheels.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't say I like these either. They might have been cheap for winter wheels.
I suspect you're right that they were cheaper than polestar originals. probably about 16-18000 Swedish crowns as opposed to 25000

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Could the non performance have 18” rims for winter tyres?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not a fan either. They look a bit too elaborate and busy for the car.
There has been some in Europe that already found aftermarket wheels. Photos courtesy of POLESTAR MODS on Facebook.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Not a fan either. They look a bit too elaborate and busy for the car.
There has been some in Europe that already found aftermarket wheels. Photos courtesy of POLESTAR MODS on Facebook.
View attachment 2139
View attachment 2140
View attachment 2141
View attachment 2142
I'm always amazed how manufacturers do their best to come up with very nice - and expensive - wheel choices, and as soon as the car is purchased people spend even more money on after market wheels. I would have to think the stock wheels were pretty ugly before I'd replace them day one.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm always amazed how manufacturers do their best to come up with very nice - and expensive - wheel choices, and as soon as the car is purchased people spend even more money on after market wheels. I would have to think the stock wheels were pretty ugly before I'd replace them day one.
Indeed. I don't use phone cases or shells because I want to be able to appreciate the design of the phone..

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
2021 2
2,602 Posts
Indeed. I don't use phone cases or shells because I want to be able to appreciate the design of the phone..
In case you’re serious, I think that tune will change once your 2 year old drops your phone a couple (hundred) times.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
In case you’re serious, I think that tune will change once your 2 year old drops your phone a couple (hundred) times.
I appreciate the sentiment of wanting to enjoy the design of what you bought, but I eventually got a clear case because the phone was too slippery even for me to handle.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why would I give my 2 year old my phone?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You think they ask permission?

I was just informed by him that the Polestar is my son's. He's turning 6 soon.
My 2 year old knows it's daddy's and doesn't try to take it. But most of the time it's in my pocket anyway.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
These with the Gold Disc Brakes I could get behind.

Reactions: jonspolestar

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
My 2 year old knows it's daddy's and doesn't try to take it. But most of the time it's in my pocket anyway.
My son - who's old enough to have his own phone already - always tries to steal mine from my belt.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Does anyone know how to recalibrate Polestar odometer if you can wheel size?
So... you can't, and you shouldn't anyway. When you change the rim size, you have to also change the tire size so that the overall diameter of the rim/tire combination--the wheel--is the same.

There will be slight differences with different tires and with tire wear. That's one of the reasons why a vehicle's speedometer is intentionally a bit off, reading on the high side.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts