Polestar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I see a reference to mood lighting in the manual, but can't seem to find any photos or videos demonstrating it.

I assume there are fiberoptic strips around the car that can change color? Curious where those are located, what the color options are, and if those that actually have cars think they are any good as I've seen some so-so reviews of Volvo in this category? My test drives have been during the day, so I didn't notice anything during my drives.

Registered
I see a reference to mood lighting in the manual, but can't seem to find any photos or videos demonstrating it.

I assume there are fiberoptic strips around the car that can change color? Curious where those are located, what the color options are, and if those that actually have cars think they are any good as I've seen some so-so reviews of Volvo in this category? My test drives have been during the day, so I didn't notice anything during my drives.
You only can see the mood light when it is dark and color is only white

Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
you can set the intensity using the dial at the left/underside of the dash.
controls brightness of the dash and center displays, and lighting strips on the dash and around the center console. Looks pretty sweet in dawn/dusk lighting

Registered
Annoyingly though, even with the controls on the centre display set to maximum, once you use the rotary control to dim the displays down to an acceptable level for night driving, the ambient lighting is then barely visible.

I wish they would decouple these features.
It's the same in my Volvo. Especially with a black interior. There's some beautiful lighting in my V90 but I never see it.

I was in a V90 taxi with with a blonde interior and the same lighting looked fab!

Registered
In the German press pack, it stated that both the brightness and colour temperature could be adjusted, but we only have brightness adjustment at the moment.

Perhaps another stealth feature which will be released to us under fanfare as an OTA update. Or perhaps just another undelivered promise. Time will tell!

Personalised lighting (Google Translate)
The Polestar 2 allows the user to freely adjust the colour balance of the light inside the vehicle. The standard colour is 5,000 Kelvin - quite deliberately the colour of the Polaris from which the Polestar derives its name. This colour temperature of the interior lighting was chosen to complement the simple, modern, minimalist and elegant design theme of the Polestar 2. However, it is possible for the individual user to change the colour temperature as desired. The vehicle then always recognises him with his preferred lighting colour balance when his driver profile is activated.

Registered
There are separate options in the settings for ambient lighting and mood lighting. The ambient lighting controls the light strip on the dash in front of the passenger and the mood lighting controls two tiny little lights on the ceiling in the middle that shine down on the gear selector. Or at least that鈥檚 what I鈥檝e been able to deduce!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts