Polestar Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
MY22 LRSM Void,Pilot,Plus
840 Posts
Not only for future cars that may have 22kW AC, if you find yourself at a 7kW single phase charger an 11kW cable won’t be able to deliver the 7kW.
That never even crossed my mind. I bought the 22kW cable when I had my previous Hyundai not really registering that I couldn't make use of it. But I was happy with the 'future proof' aspect.

· Registered
244 Posts
Ok, so I have my PS2 coming next month, question is, what other kit do I need?

From Polestar....
1. Additional charging cables​
2. Floor mats​
3. Tow Bar​
4. Load carriers​

From the lease company, they offered I think:
5. window tinting and maybe some​
6. paintwork protection,​
(Not sure, but the cost is maybe $1,000-2,000)

Also considering :
7. Screen protector for centre console​
8. Changing my phone?​

A lot is covered elsewhere, but thought it worth organising that convo to help others navigate (including me). Links are welcome.

What are you glad you got and what have you never used? What else I have missed, also pros and cons, things to think about etc. Let's ignore the charger, that's a whole separate box of frogs. Thanks in advance, hopefully this might help some future readers. This community is great, I've got a lot of useful info already, thank you for posting.
A cheap plastic squeegee blade to clean the back window before a journey (about £1.50).

· Registered
39 Posts

From Polestar....
2. Floor mats​
3. Tow Bar​
4. Load carriers​

Also considering :
8. Changing my phone?​

A lot is covered elsewhere, but thought it worth organising that convo to help others navigate (including me). Links are welcome.

What are you glad you got and what have you never used? What else I have missed, also pros and cons, things to think about etc. Let's ignore the charger, that's a whole separate box of frogs. Thanks in advance, hopefully this might help some future readers. This community is great, I've got a lot of useful info already, thank you for posting.
I got these rubber floor mats, they are looking quite good, 3D All-Weather Floor Mats for Polestar 2 - EVGOGO AU
Fitcamx which I haven't installed yet and the Optic + anti glare screen protector which is amazing for not leaving any finger prints and the matte look makes the infotainment screen even better.
Hope this helps

· Registered
21 Posts

From Polestar....
2. Floor mats​
3. Tow Bar​
4. Load carriers​

Also considering :
8. Changing my phone?​

The things I added, all of which have been helpful on an ongoing basis, include:
  • 90% (nearly clear) 3M crystal tint on all of the side windows, simply for UV protection and a bit of IR reduction since those windows are big and the sunshades are pretty inadequate
  • a 90-degree USB-C adapter for my phone cable
  • all-weather mats (bought from PS because Weathertech wasn't yet available -- there may be better choices now)
  • a good tire compressor, a tire pressure gauge, and a plug kit (I put a set of these in all of my cars, and the PS2's included compressor is very light duty, so I don't trust it)
  • a brass-bladed ice scraper
  • I know you said let's ignore the charger, but I ran a 60A circuit and installed a Chargepoint Flex unit mounted outside my home (the 60A capacity enables the maximum continuous charge rate of 48A)
  • Oh, and I DIY'd a charger port cover out of craft foam -- that helps keep ice from clogging up the port while charging in bad weather, if relevant where you are. The one PS sells is out of stock and doesn't have a hole big enough to fit the chargepoint plug handle regardless.
Come to think of it, I should probably keep a 10mm socket in the car just in case I need to do a TCAM backup battery reset on the road at any point. I had to do it once via shop, and once at home DIY. Both instances were many months and a few OS updates ago, and I haven't had an issue since -- but it'd be nice not to have any impediments to doing one on the go if it ever happens again.

· Registered
99 Posts
Shouldn’t need additional charge cables. The cables the come with the car should be fine for ac charging. Only need additional ones if need special socket for work
Tow bar should have been ordered at same time as car, still can be fitted but me more expensive
Load carriers if you need them.
Floor mats buy from elsewhere just as good but heck of a lot cheaper.

You don’t want to discuss a charger and they generally do the same just some have ability to work with solar, others are single or triple phase and the apps tend to be the same. Work out the requirements for your home and yourself and find a suitable one.

all the best when you get the car.
Indeed if you intend to use a tow bar order it together with the car. Mine is a semi automatic one and does well. I understood it would be more complicated to have it installed later.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
As @lilstevie mentioned, in Australia we do not get the Type 2 to Type 2 cables. You will have to buy your own. I bought the 7m 22kW cable from Tesla (https://shop.tesla.com/en_au/product/mennekes-type-2-adapter---7_5m) which was slightly cheaper than the EVSE 7m 22kW cable: Type 2 to Type 2 EV Charging Cable | 7 Metre | 22kW - EVSE Australia. I know the car can only support 11kW AC charging but it is good for future use in case you get a car with an onboard 22kW AC charger.
Thanks for this Sarcastyx, can you help me please....what will I need the type 2 to type 2 cable for in Sydney? If I get a wallbox at home, use public chargers that have a type 2 cable will I be ok? I'm missing something but I don't know enough to know what that is! Are the public charger cables not typically long enough or something? Or is the extra cable for emergencies?

· Registered
1,062 Posts
Thanks for this Sarcastyx, can you help me please....what will I need the type 2 to type 2 cable for in Sydney? If I get a wallbox at home, use public chargers that have a type 2 cable will I be ok? I'm missing something but I don't know enough to know what that is! Are the public charger cables not typically long enough or something? Or is the extra cable for emergencies?
In Australia the public DC chargers are tethered. The public AC chargers, that you would find in shopping centres or hotels (ignoring Tesla destination chargers), are non tethered. This is where you will need the AC charging cable.

Not sure where in Sydney you are but let’s say you want to charge at the public charger in Chatswood. There you will have to use the AC cable because all the chargers in Chatswood are non tethered. Yes they are slow but in 3 hours you could get about 20% or above (depending on the speed) while shopping.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
In Australia the public DC chargers are tethered. The public AC chargers, that you would find in shopping centres or hotels (ignoring Tesla destination chargers), are non tethered. This is where you will need the AC charging cable.

Not sure where in Sydney you are but let’s say you want to charge at the public charger in Chatswood. There you will have to use the AC cable because all the chargers in Chatswood are non tethered. Yes they are slow but in 3 hours you could get about 20% or above (depending on the speed) while shopping.
Ok thanks for info sarcastyx, very helpful.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts