Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am imminently due delivery of my P2.
I haven't got a home charger installed yet & I will be eligible for the two grants that are available, here in Scotland.

My question is what charger to go for??
Was thinking either the wallbox or the Easee??

Help.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

Reactions: Lancsrocket

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
First thing to think about is Tethered vs Untethered - pro's and con's for both, however my preference is tethered for ease of use.

Next one is electrical supplier and if you are going to use off-peak charging times, etc... as the Polestar cannot schedule charges itself until mid-2021, so if this is important to you then you'll need a charger with a built in timing feature.

Just some food for thought ... check the link above for more info.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
In that case budget for buying a proper 32A three phase cable as the one supplied with the car will only do 16A (3.6kW) on your home charger.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Another good one:

Lots of really good input on this site and the facebook one to help with that decision. I leaned on the "early" adoptors input a lot as never had an EV before, and sadly even some youtube vids. I liked the feedback on the Zappi and Andersen - plus its a company purchase, so not my money ;-) If you can get OLEV + EST grants then even better.

In the end I got some local quotes and lead times. It was around a 3-4 week lead time when I ordered in October for fitting in SE England. The options for cars current capabilities vs location vs house setup meant I went with a tethered Zappi - you can also get untethered if thats the preference. I liked the tidy "hidden" lead with the Andersen, and didnt really fancy the faff of getting leads from car when at home. As Gdank said with the car currently not able to schedule, that was key for me too. I get that with the Zappi, plus load balancing was important for our property.

Frankly, all still a learning curve for me and a leap of faith. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
I see you're about 100 VINs lower than me - any news on delivery dates yet? My car has been unloaded in Zeebrugge and is scheduled to arrive in the UK on 3rd December...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I see you're about 100 VINs lower than me - any news on delivery dates yet? My car has been unloaded in Zeebrugge and is scheduled to arrive in the UK on 3rd December...
Ha! I asked the same of you in another thread, as saw those similar VINs too:

Great - cant book with LV until I know my reg. Does that mean your delivery date is confirmed? I'm only a few VINs earlier than you, but nothing except 'December' yet. Keeping myself occupied with everything else to do with the car, except the actual car!
Regular end of week checkup chat today - now aiming for last 2 weeks of December. Car "left" Zeebrugge but not arriving in UK until next week - either bloody slow boat or ours maybe are classed in same transit block. The big FC may very well still be trying to fit a 2 tonne gift down the chimney!

·
Registered
55 Posts
How do you find out where the car is?
I’ve got plate and VIN.
How do I trace / track it?
Mine is a company lease - so slightly tricky compared with straight purchase, as communication chain is not the best. Got an email from Polestar confirming order number about 5 weeks ago, and used that to get VIN by registering on app and tracking my order, then contacting via chat in the app. Website and app still not aligned on details, so I always need to use the app.

On reg. number, we don't get our plates until processed when it arrives in UK, and at that point we should get an email with expected date....or so the story goes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, mine is company lease too.
I've got the app & use the website but just have "estimated delivery" as December.
Been told by the live chat folks its in Scotland now, but cant pin down the delivery date.
Rather excited.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah, mine is company lease too.
I've got the app & use the website but just have "estimated delivery" as December.
Been told by the live chat folks its in Scotland now, but cant pin down the delivery date.
Rather excited.
What spec / colour did you go for?

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
Thanks! If you go to your order page, do you see this?

If so, download it and see what it says for "Delivery date". Mine has 3rd December which I was told is the arrival date in the UK, so I assume yours is on the same set of car transporters :).

·
Registered
55 Posts

It's the lease thing that seems to cock it up. I just see this and have to follow the 'questions about your order' link to speak to CS. I got date from email and speaking to them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Same I get on the app.
there’s more info on the website , which is where it says December.
I did the live chat too, yesterday, and they told me the car is now in Scotland but couldn’t tell me anything else. Sadly.

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
I've totally given up on the app as it's hopeless. My screen grab would only relate to the website...

·
Registered
77 Posts
First thing to think about is Tethered vs Untethered - pro's and con's for both, however my preference is tethered for ease of use.

Next one is electrical supplier and if you are going to use off-peak charging times, etc... as the Polestar cannot schedule charges itself until mid-2021, so if this is important to you then you'll need a charger with a built in timing feature.

Just some food for thought ... check the link above for more info.
I would add, do you have a mobile signal?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I would add, do you have a mobile signal?
Well if you are adding that ... then I'll add : Will your wi-fi reach where the charger will be installed ?

Both relevant for difference chargers / methods.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts