Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I contacted customer service via chat for a question about my lease. While I was talking to someone I decided to ask if my car would be delivered with a first aid kit and a jack,as I was aware of these being missing in many deliveries globally.

I was told that in Sweden there would be a first aid kit but that Polestar had decided not to provide a jack.. So not even missing, it's apparently not even supposed to be included.

I pressed them, pointing out that the manual states that if lifting the car to do so with a jack designed for the car. I was told that I could get the service center (volvo) to order one.

I asked if that's at my cost or Polestar. She didn't know and would get back to me by email. I have also asked for her to provide me with the part numbers for the jack and the foam insert. We shall see what they come back with.

I find it quite astonishing that they have seemingly explicitly chosen to not provide a jack in Sweden.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was told at the handover of my car in the UK over 2 months ago that the car did not come with a Jack or First Aid Kit which I knew from this forum was incorrect.

I chased the missing items with Polestar CS and this is their response, so the car should be delivered with these items although I am still waiting for them after 15 days:-

Apologies for the delay in these items, I have contacted Rybrook Preston Volvo and they didn't have a record of the order. I have requested for them to be ordered today and the retailer are happy to send them straight out to your address once they have received the items. They have told me that they are all in stock so hopefully they should be with you soon. If they do not arrive within 10 days please let me know and I will chase this for you.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Magnesium, Slate WeaveTech, 19", no PP, Tow bar. Pickup end of December.
32 Posts
I was told that in Sweden there would be a first aid kit but that Polestar had decided not to provide a jack.. So not even missing, it's apparently not even supposed to be included.
I specifically asked about the jack and that's what they told me as well when I was at the handover a few days ago. No jack in Belgium. Haven't mailed support yet to see what they say.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Moon, Ventilated Nappa leather Barley with reconstructed wood deco, 19 inch wheels
2 Posts
The first aid kit is there and listed in the delivery document, but the jack isn't.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
312 Posts
First aid kit, jack and foam insert provided by my local Volvo dealer after requesting those items via Polestar CS. No fuss and was sorted at Polestar or Volvo's cost.

·
Registered
333 Posts
How puzzling. Here in the States, I got a jack and an a tire repair kit and inflator, but no first aid kit.

·
Registered
839 Posts
How puzzling. Here in the States, I got a jack and an a tire repair kit and inflator, but no first aid kit.
I think for some places it is stipulated either in the regulations or in the lease agreements (EU/UK in some fashion) but here in the good ole US, you're just supposed to rub some dirt on it, get up, and get on with it. No wimpy first aid kits for us! 😉

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
161 Posts
I did not get a jack at delivery last week and complained about this thing missing, even more because the usermanual advises the Polestar jack. The guys who delivered the car said ‘you dont need one because there is no spare wheel’. But i want it to be able to change summer-/wintertyres.
I contacted Polestar CS and got today their answer which is a bit strange (in my opinion):

2. Jack - The jack is not available for the European market, it is only intended for the American market. We cannot deliver these afterwards. In addition, the jack that is supplied in America is not intended to hold the car up for a long time. For a tire change, we recommend a garage jack that can easily support the immense weight of the Polestar 2.

if this answer would be correct it seems not to be safe to use the Polestar jack

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
I think the idea of the jack is simply to take the load off the tyre that you're pumping full of gunk using the tyre inflator. It's not really for a full wheel change. If you've seen how flimsy it is, you'll see what they mean...

·
Registered
463 Posts
I did not get a jack at delivery last week and complained about this thing missing, even more because the usermanual advises the Polestar jack. The guys who delivered the car said ‘you dont need one because there is no spare wheel’. But i want it to be able to change summer-/wintertyres.
I contacted Polestar CS and got today their answer which is a bit strange (in my opinion):

2. Jack - The jack is not available for the European market, it is only intended for the American market. We cannot deliver these afterwards. In addition, the jack that is supplied in America is not intended to hold the car up for a long time. For a tire change, we recommend a garage jack that can easily support the immense weight of the Polestar 2.

if this answer would be correct it seems not to be safe to use the Polestar jack
"is not supposed to hold the car up for a long time..." How long exactly is that ? What happens if I'm lying under the car for longer than the time that the jack can keep the car up ? Hmm... So many new people that have no training at all. Management must go crazy if they see what recommendations their staff is pumping out into the market. Conclusion could be that the Americans can change tires more quickly than the Europeans. That must be it. Wait... no, something is wrong. Then the first aid kit should also only be for the Americans, since they can get hurt changing tires and the Euopeans can't. (It's because of the law obviously - but that aside...)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Polestar in Sweden told me, after I pushed them, that I could get the volvo dealer to order the parts and that Polestar would cover the cost.

Part numbers:

Jack = 32209111
Foam holder = 32243232
Wrench = 31381637

It's absolute bulls**t that the jack isn't suitable for lifting the car. If wasn't suitable it wouldn't exist. Tyre change isn't the only reason you might want to jack the car. I carry a puncture repair kit and being able to jack it up to take the weight off can be a real help.

For lifting at home for summer/winter changes I also recommend a proper garage jack.

"is not supposed to hold the car up for a long time..." How long exactly is that ? What happens if I'm lying under the car for longer than the time that the jack can keep the car up ? Hmm... So many new people that have no training at all. Management must go crazy if they see what recommendations their staff is pumping out into the market. Conclusion could be that the Americans can change tires more quickly than the Europeans. That must be it. Wait... no, something is wrong. Then the first aid kit should also only be for the Americans, since they can get hurt changing tires and the Euopeans can't. (It's because of the law obviously - but that aside...)
To be fair, you should never go under a car with it only supported on a jack. At minimum it should be supported by jack stands with the jack in place as backup.

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
161 Posts
Well. If the jack is meant to be used only to inflate gunk (new word for me 😁) then we all should get a jack just in case of the flat tyre on our way

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sent a message to polestar support last week and just picked up my jack, wrench and first aid kit today! Didn't even know there was a goop holder or if its missing!

Where does the jack live? :unsure:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts