Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

· Registered
967 Posts
For me, it's quick, quiet and comfortable. I'm surprised at just how good this car is. I know there's a lot of complaining on the forum about the car, which is what forums are for, but this is the best car, by far, I've ever had. Maybe that says more about my previous cars. Lots of people around here have had some seriously top end cars and maybe they're not that impressed but I love my P2.

· Registered
SLR in Midnight. Slate & Sunroof ( On order, still driving my VW Scirroco
471 Posts
For me, it's quick, quiet and comfortable. I'm surprised at just how good this car is. I know there's a lot of complaining on the forum about the car, which is what forums are for, but this is the best car, by far, I've ever had. Maybe that says more about my previous cars. Lots of people around here have had some seriously top end cars and maybe they're not that impressed but I love my P2.
Yes, I concur with you. Others do seem to have had or have quite fancy cars!
Mine arriving on 5th December - can't wait!

· Registered
142 Posts
Question for Polestar 2 owners that had their car for a while...

What do you find most surprising about it? Are there certain features you didn't know about? Was something much better or worse than you imagined?
After waiting for nearly a year, researching almost very thing there is to know about the P*2, reading the manual, joining the forum and generally boring anyone who would listen (including my wife), the only thing that was a surprise was the driving. I wasn’t expecting the bright pickup, the cool relaxed motorway driving, the cruise control and the ease of using the Google centre screen. A very different experience to my now 19 year old Volvo XC90. It’s better than anticipated.

· Registered
12 Posts
1. Wondering why sounds were muted inside the car, and later being told by service that the car has active noise canceling
2. Realizing, quite abruptly and forcefully, that seatbelts auto-cinch when the Pilot assist suspects an imminent crash
3. Didn't quite expect the acceleration to be so...violent :whistle:
4. The FANTASTIC headlights and how they seemingly adjust to inclination. The auto-highbeam "dimmer" progression, as opposed to an off/on switch, was also a nice surprise.
5. Driving dynamics blew me away during the test drive

· Registered
‘23 Polestar 2
203 Posts
Most surprising positive thing: how much I like the car. Most surprising negative thing: how much I can be affected by bad but probably infrequent experiences of others.

More specifically, surprising positives are how much less charging is an issue than I had anticipated, and how much I enjoy driving a car with P2’s torque. There have been no surprising negatives about the car itself.

· Registered
801 Posts
Maybe I've been a bit of a dinosaur driving rwd manual trans cars forever but I find the driving experience of the P2 to be barely passable. It's really not an enthusiast drivers car and every time you push the limit you can tell the car hates being hustled. It prefers to be driven like an adult and not like a hooligan. The steering is rather numb and the ratio is slow and the chassis is not nearly neutral enough to be fun. I think all cars have been slowly having the driving enjoyment removed from them and my last car being a 2011 model it was a much more analog experience.

The p2 does have excellent adaptive cruise, and is great at eating up miles on the freeway. It's stunning to look at and gets lots of attention.

I do sometimes find myself wishing I'd bought a little analog sports car like a Cayman instead.

For driving like an adult the polestar is great but Id never go grab the keys and head for a twisty road with it.

· Registered
142 Posts
Maybe I've been a bit of a dinosaur driving rwd manual trans cars forever but I find the driving experience of the P2 to be barely passable. It's really not an enthusiast drivers car and every time you push the limit you can tell the car hates being hustled. It prefers to be driven like an adult and not like a hooligan. The steering is rather numb and the ratio is slow and the chassis is not nearly neutral enough to be fun. I think all cars have been slowly having the driving enjoyment removed from them and my last car being a 2011 model it was a much more analog experience.

The p2 does have excellent adaptive cruise, and is great at eating up miles on the freeway. It's stunning to look at and gets lots of attention.

I do sometimes find myself wishing I'd bought a little analog sports car like a Cayman instead.

For driving like an adult the polestar is great but Id never go grab the keys and head for a twisty road with it.
At my age the need for thrashing a car is not sich a necessity - I consider myself an adult at 72 - sometimes. It’s over two tons in weight which means it needs its suspension to be capable - it’s heavier than my T6 XC90 ffs!

· Registered
21' P2 Pilot/Plus
240 Posts

Yup my thoughts exactly. It doesn't handle badly but it definitely leaves a lot to be desired. Coming from enthusiast background no way this could be my only car. As a daily driver it's amazing but for a "fun" car not so much. I've been playing with the alignment and tire pressures some and there was improvement but it has a ways to go to be neutral. I really wish you could kill all the nannies and they were doing some torque biasing front to rear that made the rear end a little more playful.

The biggest thing I unexpectedly liked about the car was the Pilot package. Didn't think I would use it much but in bumper to bumper traffic it's great.

· Registered
607 Posts

As the owner of both a P2 and a Porsche 992S, I think both serve different niches. That’s why I got both.

Without a doubt, there are few sports cars, let alone “sports sedans”, that can come close to matching Porsche prowess on a curvy road/track. Porsche has more than half a century of history in developing race (sports) cars. To presume Polestar, a virtual newcomer to the automorive world, would even come close in it’s 1st generation P2, is absurd.

The P2 is not a sports car. Period. Nor was it ever intended to be.

However the P2 is, perhaps, closer to a true sports sedan. I also own a 2016 M4, and I see some similarities between the two. I do not have the performance package on my P2, so the suspension/ride of my P2 is not the same as the more aggressive/stiffer ride of my M4. However, in terms of acceleration, the P2 easily holds it’s own against my M4.

If the day ever comes that I feel the need to stiffen things up, lower suspension, etc on the P2, there are plenty of aftermarket alterations I can make to put it on par with my M4…on twisty roads. First thing I would do before that, however, is go to different / stickier Summer tires.

· Registered
1,192 Posts
What surprised me, or better said what took me by surprise, is that OTA updates can not only be used to make incremental improvements but also to completely ruin the driving experience.

· Registered
2023 Polestar 2
45 Posts
You must have received a very different P2 than I did, because this thing reminds me much more of an E36/E46 BMW that anything else I've driven in a long time. The car will ROTATE, which most cars from recent years just will not.

Comparing it to a Cayman is absurd. Come on.

It has very much exceeded my expectations in terms of driving dynamics and it is FAR better than the Ford Mach-E GT Performance Edition that I replaced, if a tick slower 0-60.

· Registered
142 Posts
Yup my thoughts exactly. It doesn't handle badly but it definitely leaves a lot to be desired. Coming from enthusiast background no way this could be my only car. As a daily driver it's amazing but for a "fun" car not so much. I've been playing with the alignment and tire pressures some and there was improvement but it has a ways to go to be neutral. I really wish you could kill all the nannies and they were doing some torque biasing front to rear that made the rear end a little more playful.

The biggest thing I unexpectedly liked about the car was the Pilot package. Didn't think I would use it much but in bumper to bumper traffic it's great.
OK having both BEV and ICE cars makes your responses easier. What if you had only BEVs? Which EVs would cut the mustard for you then?

· Registered
174 Posts

You are very right! And the answer is Taycan! Its like a 2,5 tonne boxster!
Its just that you get 2 polestars for the same price, and the polestar does the ordinary stuff better.

· Registered
142 Posts
I guess I was most surprised by how good I feel driving this car. How motivated I am to keep it clean.
Initially I was wowed by the pics & reviews.
Then smitten by the test drive.
Still enjoying every drive 2 years down the road.
And relief; that I took a 4 year lease not less.
Me too. Just two months into a four year lease. The problem will be end of lease choices/costs/timing. I’d love the P*3 but can’t justify the £90+k. Oh well, that’s for the future.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts