Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a discussion at work with our R&D director who claimed he was off home to stencil 250BHP, 11 Gallon tank on the doors of his old Volvo T5. He seemed to think it strange I hadn't attempted to peel off the power and battery capacity information from the doors of my Polestar. It hadn't really crossed my mind up until this point but now I'm wondering what other owners have done. So, what's the consensus ? Cool touch or nerdy ?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
483 Posts
Mine’s 50% done.

One fell off on the first wash, it probably wasn’t stuck very well. It was a pain to remove the adhesive residue, so I left the other one on to avoid having to go through this again.

After four months and several washes later it’s still there.

Its a bit silly but I don’t feel too strongly about it to do anything about it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Just had a discussion at work with our R&D director who claimed he was off home to stencil 250BHP, 11 Gallon tank on the doors of his old Volvo T5. He seemed to think it strange I hadn't attempted to peel off the power and battery capacity information from the doors of my Polestar. It hadn't really crossed my mind up until this point but now I'm wondering what other owners have done. So, what's the consensus ? Cool touch or nerdy ?
Removed mine immediately - looks tacky in my opinion and will likely look worse as it ages. I also like the stealth factor and have always ordered my cars de-badged as much as possible for a cleaner look.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
I dithered about getting them off before ceramic coating. I think I might take them off when I next have the gumption/opportunity.
They do help a bit for the relatively large number of questions I get of "what car is that...?" as it's still pretty rare around here!

·
Registered
Snow, Charcoal, Order No. 11024XXX, VIN: _013XXX, Prod. date 20.09.07, Deli. date 20.12.11
21 Posts
I tooked them off after the second wash. I liked it much better without it. But this is my personal opinion.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm thinking about trying to take them off using a hairdryer to get them warmed up. I have some laboratory grade methanol that should get any residue.

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
There is hardly any residue when using a hair dryer to warm up the glue. For any remaining residue, use any high proof spirit - except Single Malt of course.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
I think they look great... Very cool. That being said, mine were a bit crooked, so I had them removed when they did the ceramic coating.

·
Registered
Void | PP | Slate+Black Ash | No tow | Stickerless | IGL Kenzo graphene coating
118 Posts
I removed them, and I think keeping them on is ridiculous. It's like writing the size of my house on my front door like it's for sale. The size of the battery capacity is useless or misleading at best for those who care. Stating the fuel tank size on any car would be equally ridiculous, especially before knowing the consumption.

Then no name on the car and a subtle logo, but a sticker with the name like regretting not having the name on the car in the first place. This only makes sense to keep on the demo car at best, but that's all as I see it.

The car is way too classy for a sticker like this in my opinion.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I also had mine removed when I had my PPF/Ceramic done. They saved them and put them on plastic backing so I could have them reapplied if I ever wanted to in the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I removed mine couple of days after getting mine. Came off easy with a hairdryer. As mine is a lease car, Ive stuck them on a piece paper and I will attempt to see if they stick back on when it comes to hand it back or will get new ones made. I think they look terrifble.

·
Registered
P2 Snow non-PP w/tow hook
49 Posts
I removed mine after a few weeks, did the center console wrap, and removing the stickers at the same time, since I own neither a hairdryer nor a heat gun, so had to borrow one.

I used detailing clay to get the residue off because I was a bit conservative on the heat.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I plan to take mine off when the weather becomes suitable for me to do the full first detail. I wouldn't dream of doing it while the car is still covered in grit. I Can't stand stickers and always remove them from things. Those "spec" stickers that come on laptops.... I remove them.

Here in Sweden it's quite common for people to leave the stickers on their fine glassware so they can show off that they can buy fancy things. I hate it.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
Any worries about removing the decals so close to having had 2x coats of ceramic applied?

of course would render those areas naked. But I principally have the ceramic to make keeping the car shiny easier and it's not as susceptible of an area for bird poop and the like.

·
Registered
P2 Snow non-PP w/tow hook
49 Posts
I've not gotten mine coated yet, removing them was a prerequisite for me, because of that naked spot.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Had mine removed by the detailer prior to ceramic coating - no issue at all and looks much better without them

1 - 20 of 39 Posts