Polestar Forum banner

What's the decal etiquette ?

8K views 56 replies 32 participants last post by  Anssi 
#1 ·
Just had a discussion at work with our R&D director who claimed he was off home to stencil 250BHP, 11 Gallon tank on the doors of his old Volvo T5. He seemed to think it strange I hadn't attempted to peel off the power and battery capacity information from the doors of my Polestar. It hadn't really crossed my mind up until this point but now I'm wondering what other owners have done. So, what's the consensus ? Cool touch or nerdy ?

#37 ·
Thanks for all the replies. It seems the majority prefer "de-flowered" but I'm going to keep mine for now and concentrate on feeling inadequate for not getting the car coated. I didn't even know that was a thing! Re the brand recognition thing, has anyone else been asked "Is it a Tesla ?". Happened two or three times to me. I find it really strange that people know enough to recognise it is electric but don't realise the lack of hideous styling means it isn't a Tesla.

#38 ·
I’ve been asked “is it a Tesla?” But I think the inquirer meant “is it an EV?” and using Tesla as a generic term. Once I said it’s basically an electric Volvo they remarked that they didn’t know non Tesla companies were getting into electric cars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.