Polestar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
Caught a P2 YouTube review in Ontario Canada and the reviewer mentioned a range of 377kms. Yikes that's way down on what was being posted a few months ago. A quick check of the Canadian P2 site confirms this. The USA site says 233 miles EPA and 290 miles WLPT. The UK site only says 292 WLPT. There are many reviews from Europe of the instrument panel showings 100% SOC and 420 kms range.
Question is, where has the range gone? Has the battery manager in NA been re-programmed for lower range - seems a strange thing to do!
Let me know your thoughts. I'll ping Canadian sales.
Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians.
Tony

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure but different test procedures plays a part. 233 EPA range seems closer to real life.

Noticed US models have 71 kWh decal on the doors when its 78 kWh in Europe. Sure its the same battery.

·
Registered
723 Posts
First off WLTP is like used toilet paper ... totally pointless. EPA is more accurate.

As for 72 vs 78 ...might be the fact that I'm sure it's a 78kW battery yet only 72.8kW was available for use .. the rest is system reserve.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
First off WLTP is like used toilet paper ... totally pointless. EPA is more accurate.

As for 72 vs 78 ...might be the fact that I'm sure it's a 78kW battery yet only 72.8kW was available for use .. the rest is system reserve.
I suspect this is correct... that there's some U.S. law that requires the "useable" battery capacity to be used in advertising.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Also there is one other thing, in the US you get All Season Tyres I believe where in the EU we get Summer Tyres. Even though All Season now are a lot better than years ago, they can never beat a good Summer Tyre for efficiency.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts