Polestar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fiddling around inside my Polestar 2 I was able to fumble onto a T-mobile webpage that allow you to signup for wifi sharing from your vehicle. Only EU locations were available to choose from when you go to signup and I am in the USA. Anyway,I dont think this was intentional behavior and currently I am not anywhere near my vehicle to document and reproduce my findings, but I started thinking....who administrates the wifi account for my car? Is it Polestar or someone else? Anyone know? Just curious what type of data they are able to collect.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Fiddling around inside my Polestar 2 I was able to fumble onto a T-mobile webpage that allow you to signup for wifi sharing from your vehicle. Only EU locations were available to choose from when you go to signup and I am in the USA. Anyway,I dont think this was intentional behavior and currently I am not anywhere near my vehicle to document and reproduce my findings, but I started thinking....who administrates the wifi account for my car? Is it Polestar or someone else? Anyone know? Just curious what type of data they are able to collect.
There are privacy docs in the infotainment, I think buried in Settings.

In the US they use AT&T for the LTE connectivity. I doubt everything passes through Polestar or Google first, it's likely the car just talks to each independently, but the former can suck up driving dynamics detail... stuff like range, how the throttle is used, system health, if the emergency systems kick in, etc.

Google does what they do and sweeps up all that location, search, and navigation data. I don't know if they share any of that with Polestar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.