Polestar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you think you might be the first person in your country to get your Polestar 2, please scan through this thread to see if anybody from your country has posted an earlier date.
a. If so, thanks for helping out, but don't post anything since you weren't the first.
b. If not, you're the earliest to post so far. Please post the country and the date you took delivery.

Gustavo Ruffo, the European Editor for InsideEVs is going to correct a recent article where he thought I was the first in the U.S. and I think we'd all find it interesting to see when deliveries started in other countries, too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
If you think you might be the first person in your country to get your Polestar 2, please scan through this thread to see if anybody from your country has posted an earlier date.
a. If so, thanks for helping out, but don't post anything since you weren't the first.
b. If not, you're the earliest to post so far. Please post the country and the date you took delivery.

Gustavo Ruffo, the European Editor for InsideEVs is going to correct a recent article where he thought I was the first in the U.S. and I think we'd all find it interesting to see when deliveries started in other countries, too.

Thanks!
I believe I'm the first American on the forum, and the 2nd North American to get the car (aside from the Google fleet vehicles). I believe the first North American delivery (except Google) went to the guy who posted on Facebook ~1 week before I got mine, so around Nov 12-15ish IIRC.

But I'd really rather Gustavo not troll through my posts to collate personal details and put them in an article like he did for/to you.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe I'm the first American on the forum, and the 2nd North American to get the car (aside from the Google fleet vehicles).

But I'd really rather Gustavo not troll through my posts to collate personal details and put them in an article like he did for/to you.
Fair enough... but date? (Maybe it'll keep him from scrolling...)

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
Fair enough... but date? (Maybe it'll keep him from scrolling...)
Got mine 2020.11.19 and the San Jose Space manager David said I was the 2nd person in N America with the car, the 1st for San Jose, with the 1st overall guy being someone who got it from the Marin Space the week prior (David is also the Marin Space manager). David also indicated the info about the Google fleet of ~25 employee/test cars came several weeks before.

I'm not on the Facebook group so can't dig through there - anyone else out there who can?

·
Registered
629 Posts
First in Colorado.

Ok, just grasping at straws here. We all want to be special....
You probably have or had a record for longest delivery for a while as well, first 1,000+ mile delivery? I mean, that has to be worth some prize given the unknown nature of how to even get service.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not that it really furthers the goal, but I’d honestly just be interested in the count of people who had their car before The Professor did just to know how wrong that article was. Having followed the forum and see the reports it just seems so arbitrary and random to pick that one post out and report it as the first.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was surprised and disappointed. I wrote the writer and he indicated that he would fix things. I also see no reason why he felt it was helpful to publish my home town either.

Bother.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah, sharing something with enthusiasts on a forum is a bit different from something like making a YouTube video or some other media where you are promoting to the general public. Granted all of the info is being made public either way, but there’s some degree of intent on the target audience.

I know it isn’t much consolation, but articles that aren’t Tesla related, or about something that pits another car directly against a Tesla, don’t get much traction on that site.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I believe I'm the first American on the forum, and the 2nd North American to get the car (aside from the Google fleet vehicles). I believe the first North American delivery (except Google) went to the guy who posted on Facebook ~1 week before I got mine, so around Nov 12-15ish IIRC.

I think this is accurate. I was told I was #3 in the US, and know that @polerad got his earlier the same week. Likewise, I think the “what we know about the owner” bit was a little creepy. Ideally #1 would have the option to accept or decline an interview and control his/her own narrative.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts