I've decided to return my Polestar 2 within the 14 day window. I'm only 250 miles in, the first week of ownership and this car has tested me like no other! It's a 7*** VIN and the recalls where done before delivery.
- Charging issues both at home and in public. New cables, no difference. Car stuck at initialising.
- Range is appalling, 120 miles at best for me, even with pre-heating. Hilly terrain seems to kill the battery.
- Momentary loss of power when driving, particularly when climbing a steep hill/full throttle. Best described as like the battery being disconnected for 1/2 second.
- 'Brake Failure' error message, needed recovery.
- Doors will not lock/unlock consistently, numerous retries needed from key fob and/or door handle
- Rattle behind steering wheel/dashboard
- Metal on metal knocking sound in rear suspension
- Car will not observe 80% charge limit when it does manage to charge
- Polestar Customer service just not up to scratch, Polestar Assistance is even worse, 5 hours for recovery (called the AA in the end)
- No working mobile application
- Headlights have water in them
- Numerous random error messages
- Random behaviour, heated seats coming on, even when switched off in preferences.
- Heater stopping when driver gets out, leaving passengers to get cold.