Polestar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving home today and as it started raining the windscreen started misting up. Turned the blower on - nothing. Fiddled with heated windshield and other settings, literally no air coming out. Only worked again after I got home (could still see as just a little misty) and reset android. I have no idea if I could have done that while driving but I don't think pressing the home button for 20 seconds or whatever it is good driving practice!

This adds to my skepticism about baking car operations into Google as I would say seeing out you windscreen is safety related not infotainment.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
926 Posts
So I was driving home today and as it started raining the windscreen started misting up. Turned the blower on - nothing. Fiddled with heated windshield and other settings, literally no air coming out. Only worked again after I got home (could still see as just a little misty) and reset android. I have no idea if I could have done that while driving but I don't think pressing the home button for 20 seconds or whatever it is good driving practice!

This adds to my skepticism about baking car operations into Google as I would say seeing out you windscreen is safety related not infotainment.
FWIW in my tester I did successfully hold the home button and reset after ~20 sec while driving.
I've also had my fair share of traffic tickets. So, um, YMMV.

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
To be fair, it's the Polestar app or the connectivity into the infotainment system that's failed there, not Android Automotive. This is a bonus though as it means that it's easy for them to roll out an update to it - even if OTA updates aren't available yet, as it can potentially come in through the Google Play store for Android Automotive apps. However my money is that they will wait till OTA is on all the cars before updating the Polestar app on the infotainment screens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts