Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you are having the issue where your WiFi networks don't show up in the car, try disabling WPS on your router. With WPS disabled, even dual band networks on shared SSIDs seem to work.
Thanks. Disabled WPS on my router and hey presto - network visible. Still can’t get Pocketcasts to work properly though. Susbscribed podcasts now show latest episodes but “discover” still brings up a “no content available - check your internet connection“ message or similar.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
908 Posts
Reviving this thread as I can’t see any wireless networks with my car.

where do you specify which network SSIDs to connect to? In the wireless settings nothing comes up for me on any page, even when my phone can see several options. Not sure if I need to turn something specific on?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Disable 5Ghz or split onto separate SSID’s and turn WPS off.

You are on the right screen, to check fire up your phones WiFi Hotspot, be patient and on the next scan the PS will pick it up.

Now adjust your WiFi settings and that should sort it, got the same issue myself going to check and sort tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
Disabling WPS was already in there but I've now added in the bit about disabling 5GHz or splitting the bands to have 2.4GHz and 5GHz separated.

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
I suspected that was the case so I've worded it to only try that after trying disabling WPS.

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
670 Posts
I suspected that was the case so I've worded it to only try that after trying disabling WPS.
It is nice that you’re excited Our Moderator.
But if you add much more to your little description thing under your posts it will be so long it will need a forum of its own.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
908 Posts
Disabling WPS was already in there but I've now added in the bit about disabling 5GHz or splitting the bands to have 2.4GHz and 5GHz separated.
Have disabled WPS. Have split and unspilt 2.4/5GHz. Have rebooted my router (TP-link Archer A7), repeater (TP-Link RE300 in a OneMesh) and the Polestar infotainment. Have made requisite sacrifices of tofu to idols of Ingenlath and bugdroid.
Still can't see any WiFi networks to choose from. I'm stuck on this screen - every now and then a bar goes across indicating it's searching but nothing changes.
I'm somewhat doubtful it's a configuration issue of my WiFi network because from my phone I can see several other networks to choose from and in the Polestar it shows literally nothing.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’ve got same issue, am going to look at it today, it’s see’s my phones hotspot fine.

I’ll post back with a fix once I work out what it is.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
908 Posts
Well. Seems AT&T has borked my phone's hotspot capability. So now I have that to deal with.
How many days of 2020 are there left?

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
Hopefully still enough to get my car and it be perfect! o_O Not been the greatest of years, has it, in all other respects?

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
908 Posts
Try a hotspot connection from your phone. Just to rule out a problem with the WiFi hardware in the car?
Phone unborked. Hotspot working (tested with a laptop). Car doesn't see phone network or any other.

Well, as far as things go, the WiFi radio being the main niggle to deal with seems soluble. No other bugs of any sort with a decent amount of testing so far.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
There are some great wifi testing apps out there. It's too bad they're not yet available for the car.

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
If it's not seeing any networks at all, I'd say someone didn't fit the internal antenna properly or it's not soldered down right as that should just work!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts