Polestar Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

Registered
Just got mine connecting. From the main Settings menu select Network and Internet, make sure Wi-Fi is On then press the Wi-Fi white text. This screen headed Wi-Fi has one selection available, Wi-Fi preferences, under which is Tur on Wi-Fi automatically, click On. Now press the orange back arrow. Patience will be rewarded with your router SSID, select it and key in your password. Robert is your father鈥檚 brother 馃憤

Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
Just got mine connecting. From the main Settings menu select Network and Internet, make sure Wi-Fi is On then press the Wi-Fi white text. This screen headed Wi-Fi has one selection available, Wi-Fi preferences, under which is Tur on Wi-Fi automatically, click On. Now press the orange back arrow. Patience will be rewarded with your router SSID, select it and key in your password. Robert is your father鈥檚 brother 馃憤
thanks. Did all that except no SSID ever showed after waiting several minutes. Even waited long enough to get a warning about the extended use of the system without driving (re 12V drainage).

Sounds like my bug and that of @toscal353 are related.

Registered
My car was not picking up my home wifi at all, I use a TP-Link box as well. Coincidence?
Doubt it ... mine is a TP-Link as well and the car picked up one of the 5 channels I have, well 3 that are not 5Ghz.

I don't have the controling app on my new phone, I'll dig out my old iPhone and charge it up tonight. I'll take a look a the differences between the 3 channels and I'll report back tomorrow.

Side Note: I lose Bluetooth in the car today ... will double check tomorrow.

Registered
i鈥檝e been struggling with this today, picks up my iPhones WiFi Hotspot and connects to it straight away thats 15ft away, but won鈥檛 see my NetGear 3700 AP that is 4ft away.

Tried disabling WPS, splitting the 2.4 & 5Ghz networks, turned off 5Ghz, unique SSID鈥檚 etc

Still no joy, so not sure at the moment what the issue is.

More investigation needed, but no rush at the moment.

Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
Random speculation:

could the update to get things OTA ready have borked the WiFi for at least some of us?

Registered
Random speculation:

could the update to get things OTA ready have borked the WiFi for at least some of us?
Quite possibly. I鈥檝e just got mine back after the Inverter and HVAC recall work and it can no longer see any Wi-fi networks. Doesn鈥檛 even give the option of manually entering a SSID. Managed to connect to both the house and phone networks okay before.

Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
No, can鈥檛 see it.
I was told by US customerservice that this was a US issue only/mainly and a known feature of the current software that should be fixed in the next major update.
I guess it seems it鈥檚 more generalized than the US?

in my case my 4G works fine wherever I might go - and if I don鈥檛 have 4G in the car I likely won鈥檛 have it on my phone. This is an annoying but not overly limiting bug

Registered
That would be good but I tried it and nothing happened. Looked under "about" and it is not showing any WIFI address although it did when I first collected it after the recall. Will try rebooting tomorrow. Router has WPS disabled.

Registered
Just found this thread. I tried to use my phone for a hotspot but the car wifi did not show this in the wifi list. I just turned on the hotspot and tethering. I assume that is all you have to do? Not been able to get my house wifi even with wps turned off.

Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
Just found this thread. I tried to use my phone for a hotspot but the car wifi did not show this in the wifi list. I just turned on the hotspot and tethering. I assume that is all you have to do? Not been able to get my house wifi even with wps turned off.
This is what I鈥檝e been seeing since collecting the car.
our customer service says it鈥檚 a known thing with the last major update and should be fixed with the next major update

My speculation is maybe it鈥檚 a security thing to prevent folks from attacking it OTA before they鈥檙e ready with the first proper OTA update?

Registered
This is what I鈥檝e been seeing since collecting the car.
our customer service says it鈥檚 a known thing with the last major update and should be fixed with the next major update

My speculation is maybe it鈥檚 a security thing to prevent folks from attacking it OTA before they鈥檙e ready with the first proper OTA update?
In this case I am not to bothered now I know Polestar are aware. Thanks.

Registered
Well, they had better sort out the reliability issues with the on board cellular connection if they're going to block the only alternative...!

Registered
Connected to my phone today but not office even though car just outside and WPS turned off.
Not a major problem at the moment.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts