Polestar Forum banner

Will it fit through my garage door?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JMP2 
#1 ·
I've just read on another thread (Folding mirrors - are they worth it?) that the width of the PS2 with mirrors folded in is 1925mms. As my garage opening is only 2025mms, does anyone know if the 360 degree camera system could help with this situation?? Thanks.

#2 ·
The answer is probably yes, once you get used to the distorted images and as long as you have lighting in your garage!.

I have an irregular shaped garage which I have used for years, although it is always a challenge. I have had three successive V70s, wider than the polestar, so I am finding it easier to garage the car, even without the cameras. However, they do help and are a lot more helpful than the parking sensors.

#5 ·
Thanks Charles42. Once I'm through the door, the garage is quite roomy and perfectly straight. It's just that blasted door frame that's the problem. ☹
I've done a lot of remodeling of my house. It may be worth seeing if you can reframe that door and give yourself some extra width. If the garage door is in a load-bearing wall, it's quite a trick and could be expensive. But if it's not in a load-bearing wall, it's a relatively easy task.

'Might be time to call in a carpenter to have a look, eh?

Reactions: Parker
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.