Polestar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to get this resolved at a dealer? The drivers window (and to a certain extend the passenger one) creaks like a bugger! It sounds like the window in the frame but I am not sure, pretty sure the noise stops when you crack the window slightly.

I also have a similar creak sound that comes from behind the speedo area, almost sounds like it's coming from where the parking ticket holder is...

· Registered
502 Posts
Ye
Has anyone managed to get this resolved at a dealer? The drivers window (and to a certain extend the passenger one) creaks like a bugger! It sounds like the window in the frame but I am not sure, pretty sure the noise stops when you crack the window slightly.

I also have a similar creak sound that comes from behind the speedo area, almost sounds like it's coming from where the parking ticket holder is...
Yup exactly that creaking.
my car has been in 4 times for this very noise and the door was disassembled each time. Initially the focus was on the lifting mechanism inside the door but nothing helped (polestar agreed it did It did not help. Eventually they replaced all the rubber seals and now 90 percent of the time the noise is gone. Only the occasional bump in the road still makes it creak a little. There s another post somewhereon this forum about this.

· Registered
3 Posts
Had it. Though disappointing on a car at this pricepoint It's not a problem unique to Polestar.
Fixes with silicone lubricant (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BXKZUG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share)

Roll down the window and spray liberally inside the window seal (all the way around). Raise and lower a few times and the lube will distribute itself and the creak should resolve. Then wipe off any smears on the glass.

IMHO not worth waiting for a dealer fix but YMMV depending upon experience and level of anxiety it causes you. If you have the time and patience for warranty work go for it. I unfortunately have neither 🙄

· Registered
312 Posts
Yep I have it and it drives me mad - mine is a rattle when I go over bumps. I thought it was fixed by a window "reset" (holding button) but it wasn't. Someone on here has had their glass removed and put back and that fixed it.

· Registered
Polestar 2
36 Posts
Had it. Though disappointing on a car at this pricepoint It's not a problem unique to Polestar.
Fixes with silicone lubricant (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BXKZUG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share)

Roll down the window and spray liberally inside the window seal (all the way around). Raise and lower a few times and the lube will distribute itself and the creak should resolve. Then wipe off any smears on the glass.

IMHO not worth waiting for a dealer fix but YMMV depending upon experience and level of anxiety it causes you. If you have the time and patience for warranty work go for it. I unfortunately have neither 🙄
Update: Tried the above on my passenger rear window extremely loud screech. It worked pretty well and seems to have gotten rid of the noise. I only did the outer most points of the window jamb (near the door hinge and above the door handle) since I couldn't seem to get the long nozzle inserted far enough into the window seal. Quick roll up/down revealed a minor sound, sprayed some more and then noise was gone. (y)

· Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Midnight, Pilot, Plus, and Performance
37 Posts
I have a similar creek on the drivers side, but I don't think its the window. I've found the seat belt height adjuster in the B pillar is the culprit.. I haven't taken it in yet, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I noticed that the interior trim at that position has some pretty sharp edges that the adjuster "rattles" against.

· Registered
29 Posts
Noticed the driver side window area would occasionally creak, thought it was the window seal. Then the passenger side window started to creak.

I applied Meguiar’s Hyper Dressing on the black plastic trim areas that touch the door window frame seals. Noise is now gone.

· Registered
California
1,878 Posts
This is one of my many current creaks/rattles. I figured out it’s the rear passenger window only. It’s really really obvious if I just press on the window from the outside, it makes a pretty loud creak.

It’s strange that none of the other windows do it — at all. Even if I press hard or quickly, there’s nothing like the noise that comes from the one rear passenger window.

When I discovered this yesterday, I rolled the window down, cleaned around the window seal that was reachable, and then added some Gummi Pflege since that’s what I have for the door seals. It did not help.

· Registered
71 Posts
I have a slightly different problem but it might be related. My driver door window creaks when it is going up and down. But only when it is hot outside and worse when the sun is been on it. If it is cool, no creak.

Then I noticed that when it is hot, the top trailing edge of the window frame is hitting, slightly, the leading edge of the rear driver's side window frame. It actually sticks a little bit and leaves a white mark on the black plastic. None of the trim is loose. And all of this happens when the trim gets hot. It seems like it expands enough to rub against the rear door trim.

It seems low rent. All the problems go away when it is cool, like in my garage. My faith in Polestar fixing anything is so low, I would rather live with it then deal with them. Kind of sucks.

· Registered
2022 Polestar 2, Snow, Pilot
393 Posts
A fingertip dab worth of Superlube (Superlube 2130) on the inside of the vertical door glides for the window removes the squeak from the window going up and down. I'm four months after dabbing and no squeaks. One tube of that will last a lifetime and can be essential for many similar applications.

I learned my lesson years ago about spraying everything with silicon -- it can contaminate electrical contacts and then you have a much more difficult problem to deal with.

· Registered
LRDM, Pilot, Plus, Midnight, Sep 2022
75 Posts
A fingertip dab worth of Superlube (Superlube 2130) on the inside of the vertical door glides for the window removes the squeak from the window going up and down. I'm four months after dabbing and no squeaks. One tube of that will last a lifetime and can be essential for many similar applications.
Just ordered one tube at Amazon.de, thanks for the hint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts