Polestar Forum banner

Wing mirror reverse auto tilt problem

9K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  polerad 
#1 ·
So I was pleased to see you can set the wing mirrors to auto tilt down when you select reverse (so you can easily check distance from the kerb)... however quite often I find the driver side mirror doesn’t return to its original position...passenger one does though... a bit annoying.

You can use the stored memory button (for seat position etc) to put it back. But I wish it did it automatically all of the time, not just when it felt like it!

Reactions: S1m0nc
#2 ·
So I was pleased to see you can set the wing mirrors to auto tilt down when you select reverse (so you can easily check distance from the kerb)... however quite often I find the driver side mirror doesn’t return to its original position...passenger one does though... a bit annoying.

You can use the stored memory button (for seat position etc) to put it back. But I wish it did it automatically all of the time, not just when it felt like it!
I only had that happen once. Thought it was a fluke, interesting that you've had it multiple times

#3 · (Edited)
Had the same issue. Furthermore once I locked and unlocked the car, the mirror closed and cannot even open again. So I carefully twisted the mirrors back into working position and started the car and tried a few functions. The mirrors worked like a charm. Maybe sometimes just bluntforce it ;)

#4 ·
I need to test this theory, but I think it’s partly because I flick it in to D and head straight off... if I pause it will revert as expected... I’m just impatient! So once the car moves forward it pauses the mirror movement, but only on the driver side, which is odd.

#5 ·
then probably we had different reason for why. Mine just stopped working without shift involvment. Take your time when you try. I twisted very slowly and did it in a quiet space so I can best hear if any "snap" happens. Hold the mirrow tight, push, and feel the gear going on the belt. Good luch my guy.

#9 ·
The mirror problem is definitely an issue. I returned my car to a Volvo dealer to have a software fix that sorted the problem. That worked the mirrors now work as they should. HOWEVER the software fix has corrupted the Bluetooth connection between my phone a One+ 6T and the car. If I receive or make calls in the car the other party getv a loud screaming noise and can not hear me =- I hear nothing. Turn off Bluetooth so the phone does not connect with the car and phone calls can be made normally. Thus NO hands free. Polestar have no idea why this software fix for the mirrors introduced this phone compatibility issue.

#10 ·
HOWEVER the software fix has corrupted the Bluetooth connection between my phone a One+ 6T and the car. If I receive or make calls in the car the other party getv a loud screaming noise and can not hear me =- I hear nothing.
I have exactly the same problem with a Moto G7+ since the recall update which also updated the kernel of the infotainment system to the Aug. 24 version. Calls can be managed through the car, but I don't hear anything and the other person only hears weird noises. Audio playback works, though. The same is true for another app I'm using which can either connect through Hands Free Profile (HFP, Phone) or Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP, Audio) to connect to the car. Sound is played on A2DP, but not on HFP, although the connection is displayed as an incoming call.

Resets on both sides didn't help, neither did reparing the phone or resetting the Bluetooth/Network settings on the phone. The weird thing is, it works flawlessly with an identical phone with the same software version which has never been connected to the car before.

After checking the car with Bluetooth Scanner, I found that the AAC codec is gone. Not sure what to make out of this. Maybe either side 'remembers' that this connection used AAC before and does not fall back to the SBC codec. As I cleared the Bluetooth/Network settings on the phone, my bet is on the car.

According to a user in the german forum, a factory reset of the phone fixed it for him, which I am still a bit reluctant to do as a new phone with wireless charging is already ordered.

#23 ·
I was having the same issue almost daily. At first I thaught I was going crazy :unsure:. But it was becoming a bit annoying when driving and the mirror not being at the right position. So, for now I only have it enabled for the passengers mirror side. I will wait until a fix comes.

#28 ·
Just to resurrect this - I had a consistent issue with the auto-dipping mirrors not coming back up when I shifted from R to D, but so far this seems to be fixed in 1.7! Are others seeing the same, or have I just screwed myself by saying this out loud and the dipping issue will return with my next drive?

#30 ·
Well I cursed myself, all back to being screwed up this morning. Can't believe this is so difficult to have it work properly. My 20 year old car does this just fine... 😔

#32 ·
Meanwhile since 1.8 was installed, when switching driver profiles, the side mirrors end up in a position about halfway between the parking inward position and the set position in memory for the driver.
Using the buttons on the driver door to try to get them into position direct work. It’s like it forgets specifically the side mirror position and reverts to some strange default

It’s just bizarre.

• Sad
Reactions: Mick
#33 ·
Mine stopped remembering where they should unfold to as soon as I got P1.7... Looking forward to seeing if P1.8 fixes this "progress"!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.