Polestar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered previously but as deliveries in US are starting what are your plans for winter tires here in the US. Just checked Tire Rack and the Polestar 2 is not listed. I live in NC with mild winters so will probably opt for All season tires and swap out the summer tires on stock rims. Thoughts and suggestions?

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
In NC, you could get by just fine with all seasons, but would you then discard the summers? The summer tires will be much better in the summer. So I'd still consider two wheel sets and swap them at Thanksgiving and tax day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In NC, you could get by just fine with all seasons, but would you then discard the summers? The summer tires will be much better in the summer. So I'd still consider two wheel sets and swap them at Thanksgiving and tax day.
I will keep the summer tires. Not sure where I will store them yet. Colony Tire actually has Polestar 2 on their site. They have the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 as an option.

·
Registered
125 Posts
FWIW, in Colorado I run all-season tires in the non-winter seasons, because we get so much variation in weather. Case in point: 75F and sunny this afternoon, but 27F and hammering snow yesterday afternoon on my drive home from a mountain bike ride. Of course, I run dedicated winter tires in the winter. Are the US cars coming with true summer tires, or more of an all-season tire? Do we know the actual tire? Do you suppose the actual tire depends on the region within the US? Or do they all come over on the boat with the same tire?

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
FWIW, in Colorado I run all-season tires in the non-winter seasons, because we get so much variation in weather. Case in point: 75F and sunny this afternoon, but 27F and hammering snow yesterday afternoon on my drive home from a mountain bike ride. Of course, I run dedicated winter tires in the winter. Are the US cars coming with true summer tires, or more of an all-season tire? Do we know the actual tire? Do you suppose the actual tire depends on the region within the US? Or do they all come over on the boat with the same tire?
I'm not sure, of course, but based on what I've gleaned from the forums and such, I'll be expecting true summer tires on the wheels as I've ordered the performance pack. I'm already planning to swap those out with winter rubber soon after getting the car and hope to eventually own two wheel sets that I can easily swap myself.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm not sure, of course, but based on what I've gleaned from the forums and such, I'll be expecting true summer tires on the wheels as I've ordered the performance pack. I'm already planning to swap those out with winter rubber soon after getting the car and hope to eventually own two wheel sets that I can easily swap myself.
Yes, same for me - I've always had two sets of wheels on my cars. The difference for me is that my "summer" option is an all-season tire. And then I have true winter tires.

I got the 19" wheels, so we will probably get different tires - perhaps not a true performance summer tire?

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Yes, same for me - I've always had two sets of wheels on my cars. The difference for me is that my "summer" option is an all-season tire. And then I have true winter tires.

I got the 19" wheels, so we will probably get different tires - perhaps not a true performance summer tire?
I'm with you! I'm glad to have ordered the performance pack, but I'm concerned that it'll be much harder to find wheels that will clear those big (and admittedly silly) Brembo brakes. In the past, I've just ordered a winter wheel set from Tire Rack. Did that for four different cars so far and it's worked out just fine. But I don't know that the Tire Rack will have something that'll work for this car.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I can confirm that in the US the 20" non-PP wheels come with A/S tires. Given that I would assume the 19" wheels will also come with A/S rubber.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can confirm that in the US the 20" non-PP wheels come with A/S tires. Given that I would assume the 19" wheels will also come with A/S rubber.
Correct. Both 19” and optional 20” non-PP tires are Michelin A/S. Performance pack comes with Continental PremiumContact 6 summer rubber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts