Registered
103 Posts
SNOW TIRES :
Brand: Vredestein
Style: Wintrac Pro
Size: 245/40R20
Details: 99Y XL
Severe Snow Service Rated

Priced them directly from Tire Rack, then spoke to a local shop that I work with. They saved me a few dollars on the tires, and took care of install for me anyhow (nominal fee). Overall under $1,500 for everything. My summer tires are chilling in my garage until spring time when I’ll get a 2nd set of wheels to put them onto (probably something flashy and aftermarket).

Anyhow… there are tons of options for tires. The Vredestein tires are a great value; we’ve had them on a few cars, last winter on my wife’s Tesla model Y. Perform great, on par with basically everything even Bridgestones. I’ve had the Nokian tires on vehicles before, they’re ok. Nothing to get your panties in a bunch over…. Any competent snow tire will be better than an all season. And the OE Conti summer tires def should not be used below 40F or in snow, G’luck!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I also got Michelin X-Ice (245-40R20) and I really like them.
Surprisingly quiet and comfortable ride, and very reasonably priced compared to other snow tires.

·
Registered
2022 P2 Midnight PPP
182 Posts
Just ordered winters for my P*2 Performance. Nokian has a new EV version of the Hakkapeliitta R5 but it looks like it is not available in 245/40R20 as of now. Going with the standard R5s, but that's kind of disappointing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts