Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Canadians. There's a few posts about winter wheels and tires but most of them are US or EU and are not readily available in Canada. I'm looking for some recommendations on sourcing a set of 19" wheels and winter tires. Mainly wheels as the tires seem easier to find.

I get kind of lost with all the offset stuff and staggered widths so if anyone has purchased a set of 19" wheels in Canada (BC preferably) that fit and can provide a recommendation, I would appreciate it. Looking for some nice looking alloy wheels rather than black steel rims.

I'd also consider 18" wheels/tires if they fit as I prefer a bit more rubber in the winter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you don’t have the performance pack, you should be able to get some used 18” Volvo rims where you don’t have to worry about bolt pattern and offset. You do have to becareful with the hub bore as older Volvo wheels use 67.1mm vs polestars/newer Volvo 63.4mm, which is easily fixed with hub rings.

I bought a set of used old 2005~ 18” Volvo XC90 rims from some dude in Coquitlam for $180. And a set of 235/55/r18’s pirelli’s from black circles winter sale a few weeks back. Dropped them off at the OK tire shop to mount today after I test fit the rims and know they clear the brake calliper.

·
Registered
2022 LRSM Thunder/Slate/Plus/Hitch
1,854 Posts
I bought 19” Fast FC04 titanium, with 45mm offset, all four rims 8.5” width, with Michelin X-ICE rubber.

You can get this package from any Kaltire place or tire shop.

You can also get package like below, but most people here, rightfully say the 35mm offset is too aggressive, as your wheels will stick out a bit too much… but I guess some people prefer the aggressive look … not me though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Researched quite a bit. Aside from OEM rims, not a lot out there that are truly close to original spec.
I ended up going with Fast EV05 rim ( new this year ) as offset, hub, etc closest match in 19” size, down from 20 on All seasons.
Nokian r5 EV tires - also new.
I was set on getting continental winter contacts 850 or 870 p but numerous shops recommended Nokian r3 or Likely new r5.
setup in general not cheap but will surely be worth it depending how much winter driving you actually do.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
You can get within a few millimetres with the width between 8“ to 9” combination …not exactly the same as OEM, but surely not something you will ever be able to tell when street driving or looking at it. The OEM rim + the same tire would be easily 1200$ more for me … not worth it for especially for a winter set.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Also looking at wheels and tires, picking up my FWD P2 in three weeks. I will go down to 18" wheels to have a bit more sidewall for winter. I know the Replika R222 wheels work, but I'm trying to get confirmation about the ART Replica 218s. PMC Tires says they will work, but I have not seen anyone use them. These are the ones: https://pmctire.com/wheels/68267871...D=2bca3f9a088aac7cc87eec90d84d616f&type=wheel

I can't really find a manufacturer website for the ART wheels, which is a bit odd.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Also looking at wheels and tires, picking up my FWD P2 in three weeks. I will go down to 18" wheels to have a bit more sidewall for winter. I know the Replika R222 wheels work, but I'm trying to get confirmation about the ART Replica 218s. PMC Tires says they will work, but I have not seen anyone use them. These are the ones: https://pmctire.com/wheels/68267871...D=2bca3f9a088aac7cc87eec90d84d616f&type=wheel

I can't really find a manufacturer website for the ART wheels, which is a bit odd.
I think these should fit, the 5mm offset difference between the two models just means the 45mm offset wheel will poke out 5mm more than the 50mm. This is negligible when there’s plenty of space between the tire and the fender.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think these should fit, the 5mm offset difference between the two models just means the 45mm offset wheel will poke out 5mm more than the 50mm. This is negligible when there’s plenty of space between the tire and the fender.
My only concern is whether there is sufficient clearance for the brakes. That seems to vary depending on the wheel model.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Only if you bought PP option, which you could not, since you ordered LRSM ... so brake clearance should not be an issue no matter what otherwise fitting rim you order?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Only if you bought PP option, which you could not, since you ordered LRSM ... so brake clearance should not be an issue no matter what otherwise fitting rim you order?
I thoght that perhaps going down to a 18" wheel from a 19" wheel could cause issues depending on the thickness and curvature of the wheel inner barrel.

PMC Tire is showing guaranteed fitment for that wheel on a 2022 Base P2, so in the end if they don't fit I can just ship them back I guess.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for your input. I think I may have found an option for the wheels.
Considering a set with the following specs: 19" x 8.5" 40 offset, 5x108 bolt pattern 63.4 centre bore
I realize that 45 or 50 offset might be better but thoughts on 40? Will they stick out?
I'm likely going to go with the new Nokian R5 EV tires as I've had very good experience with Nokians in the past.

·
Registered
2022 P2 Midnight PPP
182 Posts
I was at Kal Tire the other day, and they seem to have more info in their system for Polestar than they did even a few months ago. They have some aftermarket wheels that they reco (I got mine somewhere else so can't vouch for that), and if you are going for 19" with non-PP they are recommending the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R5 EV. Unfortunately Nokian doesn't yet produce the EV-specific tire for the 20" spec (245/40R20), so I opted for the standard Hakkapeliitta R5. Hope this helps my fellow Canadians out.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
You can use this calculator … https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#

And from there you can determine whether the additional extension compared to stock is something you can live with.

I personally would prefer no more than 10mm, or around there …. 16mm sounds a bit too high …. It’s the fronts that will have higher figure because of the smaller width.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I was at Kal Tire the other day, and they seem to have more info in their system for Polestar than they did even a few months ago. They have some aftermarket wheels that they reco (I got mine somewhere else so can't vouch for that), and if you are going for 19" with non-PP they are recommending the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R5 EV. Unfortunately Nokian doesn't yet produce the EV-specific tire for the 20" spec (245/40R20), so I opted for the standard Hakkapeliitta R5. Hope this helps my fellow Canadians out.
When I was ordering there was not much regarding Polestar in their system … so hopefully they fixed it now, so they know proper OEM offsets etc.

·
Registered
2022 P2 Midnight PPP
182 Posts
When I was ordering there was not much regarding Polestar in their system … so hopefully they fixed it now, so they know proper OEM offsets etc.
Yeah, at least at the one I went to they seemed to be familiar with the staggered offset and wheel width. I don't think they have wheel/tire combo that completely mimics the OEM setup (who does?) but have something that will work.

·
Registered
252 Posts
For those who might be interested in pre-owned winter tire & mag combo's, the offset on Ford Edge & Lincoln (and possibly others) wheels is within a few mm of P2 wheels.
There are other manufacturers that use 5x108 bolt pattern. Here is one site that can help you to know if the advertised wheels might be spec'd per our needs.

5x108 bolt pattern. Cars with 5x108 bolt pattern (tirewheelguide.com)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts