Polestar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of the year. Winter tires (or true all season) are mandatory in several countries I travel to. I did decide to go with a set wheels rather than change tires twice a year. I find the Polestar offer (2300 euro) too expensive. For my other car I didn't really care, but for the Polestar it's different. I need something that does not impact range terribly and now I even care about the looks. What happened to me?

Anyway, this is what I came up with:

Automotive tire Product Font Tire Material property

I believe a few weeks back they recommended 8.0J on the front and 9.0J on the rear as for the original, but I think 8.0J all around makes sense for winter wheels.

The Nokian have a 'B' score for fuel efficiency, wet performance and noise. Only tire I found to have that.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Those will be great and work well. At high speeds, you'll take a bit of a hit on the aerodynamics of the multi-spoked wheel, but that's small beans, I think.

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
294 Posts
Those will be great and work well. At high speeds, you'll take a bit of a hit on the aerodynamics of the multi-spoked wheel, but that's small beans, I think.
Regarding multi/thin spokes vs. more aerodynamic rims, that's the's a trade-off between absolute efficiency at high speed contra ease of cleaning in winter, when we tend to pick up a lot more debris on the inside of the rim. I also went for thin spokes as I do relatively little high speed driving in winter, but want to be able to clean the wheels easily. As with most things, it's a compromise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts