Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has started happening since I washed my car yesterday. When I unlock and sit the driver seat, the wipers activate once across and back. It's bone dry outside, so there is no chance they are detecting any moisture. Thoughts from anyone as to what's going on here,

Thanks in advance...

Irf

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
369 Posts
This has started happening since I washed my car yesterday. When I unlock and sit the driver seat, the wipers activate once across and back. It's bone dry outside, so there is no chance they are detecting any moisture. Thoughts from anyone as to what's going on here,

Thanks in advance...

Irf
Better than mine then - mine seem to often activate after I open the door and wipe all the water of the windscreen on to me as I enter.
I used to find it annoying that my Audi doesn’t activate the auto wipers before the car moves forward, I now know why!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts

Thanks in advance...

Irf
You have Auto-Wipers set as ON. Then when you sit down the car turns ON. The car the detects there is water over the rain sensor (or maybe "was") and activates the wipers.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have Auto-Wipers set as ON. Then when you sit down the car turns ON. The car the detects there is water over the rain sensor (or maybe "was") and activates the wipers.
But there's no water anywhere...?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've noticed when I turn on the rain sensor, it wipes right away and then adjusts wiper speed as needed. Wondering if when the car is booting, it does that "initial swipe" like you had pushed the button. Also, is your sensitivity cranked up?

Owner's Manual - Using the Rain Sensor

·
Registered
415 Posts
Maybe there's soap or something still on the sensor tricking it to thinking there's water when the car first turns on?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
But there's no water anywhere...?
I think it remembers it was wet so does one wipe to make sure it's clear, because the water could have run down from the sensor.

I get it very rarely but not every time.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I'll check this morning if it's still happening. I was in and out of the car a lot yesterday and it was annoying so I turned off the auto wipe. When I turned it in again the issue was back, but I'll check the sensitivity and if it's any different after a good night's sleep! 😀

No soap I assure you... I washed, rinsed and dried out very carefully on Saturday, and drive it on Sunday evening. It's be been dry all day.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Also yeah check sensitivity, I find two clicks back from max to be perfect.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Checked again just now as follows.

Sat in car with wipers not on auto, all fine. Switched to auto, one wipe. Left car and got back in, one wipe. Car is bone dry.

Whenever auto is off, this doesn't happen.

This never used to happen, started this weekend.

Maybe I need to look through the manual!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sensitivity was set to max, but is now two back. My backside still triggers the wiper upon entering the car...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Well not sure then, double check the windscreen is clear by the sensors.

Mine defiantly doesn't do every time, just sometimes.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ok I think I've worked it out.

With auto mode off, obviously nothing like this happens.

When you switch on auto mode, the wiper is activated once. When you leave the car, auto mode is turned off automatically, and you have to turn it on again when you enter the car again.

However if you turn on the memory function, then the automatic cancellation upon exit doesn't happen. This is how you set the memory...

1. Tap on the car icon in the centre display.
2. Then tap on More.
3. Select Mirrors & Wipers and activate/deactivate the rain sensor's memory function

However if this is done, then every time you sit in the car, the quiet seems to activate once. I guess to tell you that auto is on? Slightly annoying because I have the habit of looking down at the car status in the instrument panel when I drive, so I would see the icon!

Anyway, that's how I think it's happening. I've now turned off the memory function!

·
Registered
409 Posts
@Irf FYI - I have the memory function on and mine do not trigger every-time I get in the car but do work automatically.

·
Registered
837 Posts
My auto is permanently on - as per the memory function in the menu - and my wipers have never once activated except when it's actually raining.

What software are you on? Does your car say LTE or 4G on the screen. I hope this isn't a new regression because that's going to be -really- annoying in dry dusty weather if we ever get any.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,025 Posts
Hmm, I'm on the December software and I've never had this, and have had it on full auto-wipe from day one.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm going to talk to PS later then.

As it happens the car is going to the dealer tomorrow to have the replacement centre console fitted, and I'm finally picking up the jack and first aid kit... not that the dealer will have a clue!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I can add my datapoint also - November release and auto wiper on and it only triggers when it senses moisture on the windshield. FWIW.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts