Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Void | PP | Slate+Black Ash | No tow | Stickerless | IGL Kenzo graphene coating
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've had issues with the door unlock functionality on the drivers side. It's supposed to unlock the car when I touch the handle, but it doesn't at the moment. Something is clearly happening cause the car unfold mirrors and does its lights show upon fiddling, but the actual unlocking fails. I can still unlock by touching the handle on the passenger door.

I've booked time with a service tech to look into this but they have a 3-4 week wait list it seems.

Anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
When you say "touch" what do you mean?

I need to put my fingers inside the handle to unlock. To Lock I just press the --- on the outside of the handle.

To Clarify ... I don't need touch anything ... just put my fingers in the gap between the door and handle. Works perfect every time, and how it's worked on my last 3 cars.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say "touch" what do you mean?

I need to put my fingers inside the handle to unlock. To Lock I just press the --- on the outside of the handle.

To Clarify ... I don't need touch anything ... just put my fingers in the gap between the door and handle. Works perfect every time, and how it's worked on my last 3 cars.
Yes, fingers in the gap to unlock like you say, and that works on the passenger door. And it used to work on the drivers door, but not anymore

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Then yeah that's odd. Have you tried all the keys or just the normal one you use?

If just the same one, check a different key ... might just be a weak battery on that one key.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,602 Posts
Recently I've had issues with the door unlock functionality on the drivers side. It's supposed to unlock the car when I touch the handle, but it doesn't at the moment. Something is clearly happening cause the car unfold mirrors and does its lights show upon fiddling, but the actual unlocking fails. I can still unlock by touching the handle on the passenger door.

I've booked time with a service tech to look into this but they have a 3-4 week wait list it seems.

Anyone experienced this?
I haven’t experienced this.
does the driver door unlock any other way, like via key fob button?
Could it be the unlatch mechanism is sticking?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes, fingers in the gap to unlock like you say, and that works on the passenger door. And it used to work on the drivers door, but not anymore
I'd recommend checking that there's no mud or road-salt deposited in your driver side door handle on the inside. After driving in lovely Norwegian weather, I experienced something similar one day, but it went away after dusting off the mud.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd recommend checking that there's no mud or road-salt deposited in your driver side door handle on the inside. After driving in lovely Norwegian weather, I experienced something similar one day, but it went away after dusting off the mud.
Based on your comment I did some serious washing of the handle, and it seems to work normally again. Perfect! I hope this isn't a weakness in the car. The interesting thing is the handle was not particularly dirty and this is not my first car with this functionality but it has never happened to me before.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Based on your comment I did some serious washing of the handle, and it seems to work normally again. Perfect! I hope this isn't a weakness in the car. The interesting thing is the handle was not particularly dirty and this is not my first car with this functionality but it has never happened to me before.
Maybe you're much grimier than before. Have you taken on any new agricultural hobbies during the pandemic?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Maybe you need to wash your hands more! :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts