Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Hope I'm not in the wrong section for this, but I wanted to share the idea.
I was a bit annoyed about the scratches appeared on the centre console without much effort.
So I purchased some carbon wrapping and tried wrap the thing.
I think it looks cool, and some may think as well.

See video for instructions by SpectrumGeeks:

Thanks,
Roel

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Nice job and fine to have a dedicated thread, but there are lots of postings about this already. Maybe provide the links?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Was planing to try one of those plastic spray on wraps once I get the car. Patience is not my biggest virtue. Durability will of course be less then with vinyl, but the plastic is UV resistant and it's not a surface with much wear. Also it peels straight off.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Nice job and fine to have a dedicated thread, but there are lots of postings about this already. Maybe provide the links?
There already is a thread dedicated to this:

Maybe a moderator can merge these threads?

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
807 Posts
That looks very good. I guess vinyl, not the spray mentioned above. Where did you get the vinyl from?

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
454 Posts
Can someone explain how to safely (without breaking bits of plastic off) remove that center console plate? I watched one of the YouTube videos, but when trying it in my car I find myself pulling so hard (and without the thing budging even a bit!) that I end up chickening out, out of fear of breaking stuff.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Descriptions are in the thread linked above, but the short version: grab the top part of the glossy panel where It joins with the usb/wireless charger area. Pull perpendicular to the glossy surface. When it starts to groan and creak, gain some confidence and pull harder.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
454 Posts
Descriptions are in the thread linked above, but the short version: grab the top part of the glossy panel where It joins with the usb/wireless charger area. Pull perpendicular to the glossy surface. When it starts to groan and creak, gain some confidence and pull harder.
Thanks. I'll try again. So far I always made the mistake of losing confidence at the very point where I should have been gaining it. 😅

·
Registered
13 Posts
I completed this project today. I ordered textured wrap in a gunmetal grey brushed texture (VViViD XPO Gunmetal Grey Brushed Metallic Steel) and a craft knife from Amazon. The console takes a pretty good amount of pulling to come off but it popped back on very easily. Overall I’m happy but I ordered a heat gun to get the rounded corners a little better. I also ordered the same texture in back as I wasn’t sure which I would like better. The grey went better with the interior I thought. Appreciate all the instructions and tips I got from this forum!

·
Registered
375 Posts
After seeing the gray brushed metal wrap, I wonder what it would look like with the tweed fabric seen elsewhere in the interior...

Reactions: PolestarInMesa

·
Registered
33 Posts
Taking inspiration from those here, I also wrapped the centre in brushed metal. View attachment 8972
I’ve already ordered and received my wrap, now just waiting on the car haha

Looks like you’ve got slate Weavetech too, but I’ve ordered a black brushed metal wrap. Now I’m thinking maybe I should’ve done regular brushed metal. Do you have any other angles? Maybe a wider shot?

·
Registered
2022 P2, Snow, Plus Pack, Charcoal
78 Posts
I’ve already ordered and received my wrap, now just waiting on the car haha

Looks like you’ve got slate Weavetech too, but I’ve ordered a black brushed metal wrap. Now I’m thinking maybe I should’ve done regular brushed metal. Do you have any other angles? Maybe a wider shot?
Not got a wider shot I'm afraid. Not yet at least. It's a charcoal interior actually!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts