Polestar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22’ Moon Pilot,Performance slick roof. ETA 12/21
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Xpel USA today to inquire about the availability of model 2 kits. They said they were still waiting to “plot” one. If anyone is in Arizona, Texas or Toronto please reach out to have a kit made for the car. I’m sure they cover your car for free as well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I called Xpel USA today to inquire about the availability of model 2 kits. They said they were still waiting to “plot” one. If anyone is in Arizona, Texas or Toronto please reach out to have a kit made for the car. I’m sure they cover your car for free as well.
Weird, I just had xPel put on my car last week, and it was cut on a plotter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting….I wonder if they just used Xpel film but cut it by hand?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I had Xpel put on mine last December - it was cut by hand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3M has one, which is available here, and is pre-cut.
Thanks for the link,I’ve had such good luck with Xpel I’m a little biased. I just don’t trust cutting film by hand because there will always be unavoidable cuts to the clear coat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Xpel does make a good product for sure, but so does 3M. If you were game to try your hand at a DIY PPF project, then it would be hard to pass up the 3M product. The whole car is only like $1200ish and is pre-cut. If you're slow and steady, and have a helping hand, it should be doable in a day or so.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like suntek has a pattern. I’ve used their film before and it’s on par with Xpel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts