Polestar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Placed the order for a P*2 in Snow with Slate interior, but probably won't see it before December - as yet unconfirmed. Am driving a Tesla Model 3 at the moment on a long term hire, strikes me as a Beta car, will be nice if it gets finished.
Kind regards.
Terran

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @GDank, I'm not copying you but have also ordered the tow bar (y) and thanks for the welcome @KeyMajor:) yes there was. Sorry Tesla fans but I think the Model 3 is ugly! It reminds me of the Beluga Whale

Not that the whale is ugly, IMHO it just isn't a nice look for a car. Then there's the build quality. The Model 3 I have on hire pending P*2 delivery is a five month old car and its not good, panel gaps are erratic, paint work is sub-standard, interior is not commensurate with a car costing this much. I've come from a Jaguar F-Pace, where quality is in a different league. The cost of the Model 3 dual motor in a spec similar to P*2 is:

So the P*2 is cheaper, better quality, has a better design, better interior and, importantly, has a Google Automotive (open source code) infotainment system which will sprout apps like mushrooms in fertiliser. The Model 3 has good range but the single motor version SR+ that I'm hiring has a WLTP of 254 miles has proved to be adequate for my needs, just. The P*2 WLTP of 292 (which is more like 240 real world) will be enough and hopefully OTA updates will improve it over time.

These are the main reasons for my choice, but like all of us, it's coupled with a leap of faith in recognition of the Volvo connection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts