Polestar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed my order yesterday and paid the $1000. On the orders page, mine is showing status as "confirmed". When I click the details page, though, I see this message:

I thought I had already reserved when I paid the $1000. This makes it seem like there's still something I need to do to actually reserve the car. Does anyone know if this is normal? Is this just confusing wording on the site, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I placed my order yesterday and paid the $1000. On the orders page, mine is showing status as "confirmed". When I click the details page, though, I see this message:

View attachment 588
I thought I had already reserved when I paid the $1000. This makes it seem like there's still something I need to do to actually reserve the car. Does anyone know if this is normal? Is this just confusing wording on the site, or am I missing something?
I see a similar thing, but my status is "confirmed" and I've double checked with our customer service that everything is proper for my order and delivery window unchanged over the past couple months.

Polestar's sales IT and web backend needs a lot of debugging. I'm somewhat blindly hoping that that's restricted to the web site and ordering process and the car itself is more debugged.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see a similar thing, but my status is "confirmed" and I've double checked with our customer service that everything is proper for my order and delivery window unchanged over the past couple months.
Cool, thanks for confirming. Yup, this is all a big leap of faith. If some confusing wording is the biggest problem I run into, I'll be totally happy with that!

·
Registered
8 Posts
You must have received a confirming e-mail by then. Then you are requested to create an account where you can follow up all the following steps until the final confirmation of your order.
I did this in September 2019 and I am expecting to get my Polestar within the next 14 days :)
Posted from Germany

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I've had similar concerns and have come to the same conclusion as polerad. Early last week, Mike told me to give him a few days and he'd get back to me with more details. He hasn't gotten back to me yet, but I'm ok with that. They're trying to build their system here in the U.S. at the same time they're trying to process orders. It's a lot to ask for them to be on top of it all just yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You must have received a confirming e-mail by then. Then you are requested to create an account where you can follow up all the following steps until the final confirmation of your order.
Yup, I did all that, so I guess I'm good. Just thrown off by their wording. I can't speak Swedish or any Chinese dialect, so I'm not going to fault them too much. Just making sure I didn't miss anything. 😎

I've had similar concerns and have come to the same conclusion as polerad. Early last week, Mike told me to give him a few days and he'd get back to me with more details. He hasn't gotten back to me yet, but I'm ok with that. They're trying to build their system here in the U.S. at the same time they're trying to process orders. It's a lot to ask for them to be on top of it all just yet.
I'll sit tight. I work in IT/software/devops so can definitely respect the challenge. As long as the car is as good as it sounds and gets to me OK, then it's all good.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
406 Posts
As of now, the polestar login for US customers still has us go through a "eu" URL:

And takes forever to go through. I have to hit 'reload' a couple times to get to the proper account page, at which time I am sent to a "uk" URL:

Then on the Orders page, I have the option to hit "Uppdatera", which Google tells me is Swedish for "update".

Once I get to my actual order page do I get a "us" URL

This is truly a global (or at least European-led) experience indeed. :)

[and the online manual is clearly a copy/paste of a Volvo ICE manual in many sections....]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts